We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good vegetarian restaurants in Delhi

Which New Delhi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Scotland, United...
reviews: 39
Good vegetarian restaurants in Delhi

Making my first trip to Asia and India tomorrow and have 2 days in Delhi before I go east and north to Nepal. Can someone recommend a not too expensive vegetarian restaurant(s)for a meal.

Please and thanks

New Delhi, India
reviews: 16
1. Re: Good vegetarian restaurants in Delhi

There is actually one very nice/ cheap restaurant not so far from the place where i work in connaught place. If your timing might suit me. I can take you at this place myself the name of restaurant is Anand Restaurant.. not so many people knows about it as it is a little one but really nice and indian ;)

Winnipeg, Canada
reviews: 181
2. Re: Good vegetarian restaurants in Delhi

One that is enjoyed by locals AND tourists alike is one called Pindi's located on Pandara Road near Connaught Place. They serve non veg also, but do great veg and have an extensive menu. Reasonable prices and *totally* safe for non locals if you are being cautious ;)

hope that helps you, any rickshaw driver should know it...

jo

New Delhi, India
3. Re: Good vegetarian restaurants in Delhi

I found pindi a bit expensive Jo but definitely delicious food.. and lassi there is good too. Did you try lassi in this restaurant ? and if yes was it the best lassi ? or was it in some other city in india ? just curious to know this :P

Scotland, United...
reviews: 39
4. Re: Good vegetarian restaurants in Delhi

Thanks. How expensive is expensive?

New Delhi, India
5. Re: Good vegetarian restaurants in Delhi

it might cost between 600rs - 1000rs a meal, also depends upon what you eat and they do add the taxes as it is well known one.

New Delhi, India
6. Re: Good vegetarian restaurants in Delhi

Hello,

Here are couple of real vegetarian restaurants & I think they both are at reasonable cost.

1. Shudh Restaurant...... www.shudhrestaurant.com

2. Suruchi Restaurant.... www.suruchirestaurants.com

Both of them are located in Karol Bagh area & are in a walking distance between each other.

Enjoy!!

Raja Burza

New Delhi
7. Re: Good vegetarian restaurants in Delhi

Saravana Bhavan a South Indian pure vegetarian restaurant is advisable in Delhi, it is located on Janpath pretty close to Mcdolanld.

I have been to Anand Restaurant numbers of time, Behind Scindia House, Connaught Place, but this is not an Vegetarian Restaurant.

Duni Rana

Winnipeg, Canada
reviews: 181
8. Re: Good vegetarian restaurants in Delhi

hi again, from what i can remember, veg dishes at Pindis were in the 200 -250 INR range, and i would either order one of them with rice or roti/naan (and additonal small charge) plus drink or several of us would order several dishes and share.

not expensive for us "westerners", but for locals, it would be considered expensive ;)

Jo

New Delhi, India
9. Re: Good vegetarian restaurants in Delhi

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/…

Jaipur, India
reviews: 85
10. Re: Good vegetarian restaurants in Delhi

is it a spam or any other information ?