We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Delhi to Agra

Which New Delhi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Haifa, Israel
reviews: 2
Delhi to Agra

Hi,

We are on our 40's and looking for a short trip from New-Delhi to Agra to see the Taj Mahal and the otehr attractions in Agra.

we are looking for a comfortable tour and dont care if it is a little expensive

What is the bext way to travel to agra for us?

63 replies to this topic
11. Re: Delhi to Agra

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:35 am, November 24, 2012

12. Re: Delhi to Agra

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:09 am, February 14, 2013

Denver
reviews: 49
13. Re: Delhi to Agra

I just returned from India where my father and I traveled the golden triangle. I HIGHLY recommend arranging things before you go. We met a couple who did not and paid over twice as much as we did for a driver and had a car that was not nearly as nice as ours. I worked with Deepak kumar Sharma who I found after reading many good reviews on Trip advisor. He helped me arrange my itinerary, car and driver, and guides for no extra cost. Our driver was safe and the car was very clean, new and with A/C. Our driver met us at the airport and traveled with us for 5 days. He took us any where we needed to go. I could NEVER imagine driving in India, it was insane. We had a guide in each city for the whole day visiting all the monuments we wanted to see. I had not originally planned on using guides but found it helpful. Deepak was able to arrange our guides after we arrived. He gave us his number and we were able to contact him at anytime during our trip with questions.

With a guide the local beggars are less likely to bother you. The guides understand the system, speak the language and you will save a lot of time not having to figure things out.

Our Driver Cost included:

-A nice clean AC car with driver.

-All the tolls taxes, road taxes of different states, service charge, fuel, Driver night charges or any thing related to car and driver.

-All the parking at monuments, airports and transfers.

.(app.196 British Pound or 298 USD for 5 days)

Our daily guide was Rs. 1200/- (app.14BP or 22USD per day)

I highly recommend emailing Deepak. He can answer any questions you have. He was quick to respond and very informative.

dian2008@rediffmail.com

Deepak kumar Sharma

Contact No. +91 9758405056

Licence No. ITD 07/436

Government of India

Ministry of Tourism & Culture

Alice Springs...
Destination Expert
for Red Centre
reviews: 23
14. Re: Delhi to Agra

We recently returned from a trip to India and Nepal and also used the services of Deepak. We were on a tight time schedule tracvelling from Delhi via Agra then into Nepalgunj in western Nepal.

Deepak arranged a driver to meet us on arrival in Delhi, transfer in a very comfortable private hire car to Agra, a full day of touring around Agra including Taj Mahal and Agra Fort and pre booked our train tickets for the overnight train from Agra to Lucknow. Both Deepak and our driver were more than helpful around Agra, negotiated a discount rate to keep our hotel room until a late evening departure and settled us on the train in the correct carriage. Deepak also organised a driver to meet us on arrival in Lucknow to take us to the India / Nepal border.

As the previous poster commented - he is quick to respond to queries and you can trust his advice and recommendations.

Agra, India
15. Re: Delhi to Agra

hi

1 night in agra is suggested

Train details you can get on the website of indian railways

www.indianrail.gov.in

suggested program would be like this

Day 1 :- Leave Delhi by Shatabdi express at 6am and arrive in agra at 0815am

Do the city Tour of Taj Mahal , Agra Fort , B'taj or Mehtab Bagh ( Garden)

O/n Hotel in Agra

Day 2 :- Leave for fsikri ( 45 kms from agra ) around 10 0r 11am from the hotel and catch the same shatabdi train in the evening for delhi which leaves from agra cantt railway station around 2025pm daily

in this tour there will be flexibilty also and you will have maximum time to spend at each monument

Train cost per person would be around Rs 450 one way

Regards

Asif

Bengaluru...
reviews: 56
16. Re: Delhi to Agra

Train would be a nice and reasonable option. You can hire a local taxi in Agra. If its train that you decide then book early, it gets filled up pretty fast in India.

March would be bearable weather, do visit Taj in mornings/evenings to avoid the heated marble floors.

New Delhi, India
17. Re: Delhi to Agra

Hi, you have two oxen to do the Agra trip one is go by Train Sahatabadi Exp. and 2nd is go by car with driver , but 2nd is good for u ,other wise u need in Agra all so the car for side seen and Fatehpur sikri. so beater u hire the car in delhi is cast near about Rs 5500. mishra905

18. Re: Delhi to Agra

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:12 pm, December 11, 2012

19. Re: Delhi to Agra

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:35 am, December 21, 2012

20. Re: Delhi to Agra

Removed on: 12:35 am, December 21, 2012

Reply to: Delhi to Agra
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted