We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Connaught Place more accessible/lively than Karol Bagh?

Which New Delhi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
reviews: 6
Connaught Place more accessible/lively than Karol Bagh?

Hi New Delhi forum!

I will be spending 2 full days in Delhi prior to departing on my Rajasthan tour in February. I'll be visiting as a solo female (30's).

Initially, I thought the Karol Bagh area would be best (lower priced / often recommended for tourists). However, I'm beginning to think that Connaught Place would best suit my needs.

I plan on sightseeing using the metro, walking and auto-rickshaws if the site isn't within walking distance. I've also read to avoid the metro during rush hours - so I would travel between 10am-4pm'ish.

During the evenings, I would prefer to be within walking distance of restaurants, shops, atmospheric early evening strolls and live music venues (not clubs, but more like a 3-piece band playing in a pub haha).

So is Connaught Place right for me? Or is there another area that you recommend?

New Delhi
reviews: 5
21. Re: Connaught Place more accessible/lively than Karol Bagh?

Alazaroo

In Delhi the charges of auto are - Rs. 19/- for the first two k.m. or you can also say for downing/starting the meter. There after they charge Rs. 6.50/- per k.m.. If you plan to pay Rs. 300/- for the whole day then that comes upto approx. 45 k.m. run plus there will be waiting for the whole day. Though this accumulated to Rs. 1200/- for four days but still I have my own doubts any one will agree to it. Yes Rs, 500 can be tempting for some but still not very sure. The other option that you can try is taking point to point auto. You itinerary shown you will be visiting Lotus Temple three times. You may have little difficulty of getting a rickshaw from just outside the temple, but if you can walk down about a half or a kilometer then you will find them in plenty. In point to point hiring of rickshaw you will be saved from paying the waiting cost and your assumption of Rs. 300/- per day cost may also be met.

22. Re: Connaught Place more accessible/lively than Karol Bagh?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, January 20, 2014