We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2010 Republic Day

Which New Delhi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Loveland, Colorado
reviews: 100
2010 Republic Day

I want to see the parade.

I will be stopping in New Delhi for 3 days including January 26. Arriving by train from Agra and departing by train for Varanasi. I would like to hear recommendations for where to stay for easy access to the parade.

I would also appreciate any recommendations where to go to get a good view.

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, National Capital Territory of Delhi, Punjab, Haryana, Dalhousie, India
1. Re: 2010 Republic Day

Alistair, where's the Budget?, the range is awesome

n for the views, the closer you are to the main VIP area, the better, n gnrly higher up the seats (around 7 levels?) better the views guess

Edited: 11:16 pm, December 08, 2009
Loveland, Colorado
reviews: 100
2. Re: 2010 Republic Day

Being scottish I just assumed there would be a good place to stand with no charge.

Where could I get information about seat prices and location.

Thanks

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, National Capital Territory of Delhi, Punjab, Haryana, Dalhousie, India
3. Re: 2010 Republic Day

For sure the parade is free throughout the long route till Old Delhi, except the initial Raj Path portion

But you asked for the best views,

on the ticketed stands the views are simply the best because of all the saluting etc n even the beautiful cultural, dance n music formations do their jigs here the most

n otherwise too all are at their very best here as the VIPs n TV are watchin

n try to see the wonderful British Raj like Beating Retreat Ceremony at Vijay Chowk nearby too, after 2-3 days in evenings

Ticket Sales start in early-mid Jan, ask for friend or agent to arrange for same

Maybe even available at www.bookmyshow.com

Prices are INR 300/- and Rs 150/- for reserved seats and Rs. 50/- and Rs. 10/- for unreserved seats.

The tickets for the Beating Retreat Ceremony (Full Dress Rehearsal) on 28th January are Rs. 50/- and Rs. 20/- respectively n don’t have reserved seats.

think the actual ceremony the next day, 29th is reserved exclusively for VIPs, Bureaucrats n Embassies/HC invitees

Tickets at ITDC Travel Counters at Hotel Ashok and DTDC Counters, Baba Kharag Singh Marg and Food and Craft Bazar, Dilli Haat, opposite INA Market.

A good recordings of past parades here

republicday.nic.in/republicday09rb.html

Cheers

4. Re: 2010 Republic Day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, June 08, 2010