We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

driver in Almirante

Boston, MA
reviews: 5
driver in Almirante

Hello,

Can anyone recommend a driver to take a family of 4 from Almirante to a town near Boquete in late February?

Thanks so much.

11 replies to this topic
Olympia, Washington
reviews: 117
1. Re: driver in Almirante

What town near Boquete? If you let me know I can try to get you a quote. It would be expensive because the driver would have to go round trip. But we can try! :)

Olympia, Washington
2. Re: driver in Almirante

You don't want to take the bus? It will be cheaper. It runs very frequently and costs way less. Just another option.

Boston, MA
3. Re: driver in Almirante

Hi,

We're going to Los Quetzales in Guadalupe on Feb 20.

Thanks very much for your help.

Olympia, Washington
4. Re: driver in Almirante

Well, now I know why you want a driver. :) It is a really pretty area. I'll see what I can do. It is remote.

Boston, MA
5. Re: driver in Almirante

Hello Florence,

Did you have any luck finding a driver?

Olympia, Washington
6. Re: driver in Almirante

I had someone but no longer would recommend him. He didn't show up for another rental so I won't recommend him any longer.

I know the hostels in Boquete have shuttle service to Almirante. Have you contacted them to see if they will pick you up. And so do the tour companies; Habla Ya, Bouquete Outdoor Adventures, Boquete Tree Trek. I would check with them.

Boston, MA
7. Re: driver in Almirante

thank you!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
reviews: 4
8. Re: driver in Almirante

Where you are going is not near Boquete. To get there from Boquete you would need to go back to David and the go through Volcan. You will have to go through David anyway you go so you should find a taxi from Almirante which is around 100 dollars and the another taxi to your destination. A bus to David from Almirante is 8 dollars and they run all the time.

reviews: 3
9. Re: driver in Almirante

Hi, My husband and I used a wonderful driver in Panama in January. He is based in Boquete; however, he drove us from Boquete to Los Quetzales. Then a few days later, he returned tand took us to Almirante.

He is Victor Manuel Gomez Castillo. His email is victorgomez1410@hotmail.com; his mobile phone is 65792310.

He does not speak English so I had some wonderful opportunity to practice my Spanish. We thought he was very reasonable and much more comfortable and quicker than taking the bus.

Tell him Sherrie, the older American lady, referred you.

Edited: 5:28 pm, February 07, 2013
CA
reviews: 92
10. Re: driver in Almirante

How do you recommend getting from Boquete to Almirante for a family of 5 (July 16?)

Reply to: driver in Almirante
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Almirante