We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

June Weather / Where to Stay / Best Beaches

Which Isla Bastimentos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
June Weather / Where to Stay / Best Beaches

Hi! My boyfriend and I will be visiting Bocas Del Toro from June 17th until June 20th. We are in our late 20s, and would like to enjoy tropical cocktails on the waterfront--without the noisy nightlife. We figured that Bocas Town would not be for us.

We are looking for recommendations for beaches to stay, either on Isla Colon or Isla Bastimentos. I am not a strong swimmer, but my boyfriend is a beginner surfer.

We considered places near Salt Creek on Isla Bastimentos, but we're hoping you guys could offer some input on the boat rides. I hear that there are 45 minutes from Bocas Town. We want to make sure that our boat rides will be secure, not for just our safety, but for the safety of our luggage. My boyfriend will be coming from a weeklong classical guitar tour in Panama, with a very expensive guitar in tow.

Also is Old Bank / Bastimentos Town safe?

We are also unsure about June weather, and how it will impact the water (both for swimming and for boat rides).

We are considering The Firefly (Isla Bastimentos), Casa Cayuco (Salt Creek - Isla Bastimentos), Al Natural (Salt Creek), and Eclypse Del Mar (Isla Bastimentos).

Please let us know if you have any tips! Thanks!

Isla Colon, Panama
reviews: 3
1. Re: June Weather / Where to Stay / Best Beaches

Hi. All those places that you mention are really nice and suit your needs. The route to Salt Creek is protected from the waves so shouldn't be a worry. Journey should be more like 20 minutes. Old Bank is a safe place, just pay attention to your belongings as you would when traveling to any developing country (you don't want to be flashing expensive cameras in front of someone who only earns $300 per month and just gets by). I've personally heard good things about The Firefly, Casa Cayuco and Al Natural.

As for the weather, it's impossible to predict what will be happening during the 3 days that you'll be here. June isn't one of the rainiest months and you should have ample windows of nice sunshine but since you're stay is so short, you could also just land when the rain is more prevalent. It's better to expect some rain when you're heading to a tropical island in the Caribbean with abundant rainforest. There will be plenty of places to swim safely (your hotel will be able to give you that info) and hopefully some waves will have already arrived for your boyfriend.

Calgary, Alberta
reviews: 103
2. Re: June Weather / Where to Stay / Best Beaches

After years of travelling I suggest contacting a local expert/guide for your stay in southern Panama, especially if you are travelling to the small islands. It's worth the extra cost. There are a lot of tour companies and expats in Toro who can help you out with your visit. Usually I'm a self-catering tourist but this is one area I do not recommend it. That being said, it's jaw-droppingly gorgeous and you are going to absolutely love it.

Have fun and stay safe.

Madrid, Spain
reviews: 12
3. Re: June Weather / Where to Stay / Best Beaches

Bocos del Toro is northern Panama though. Not southern.

4. Re: June Weather / Where to Stay / Best Beaches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, November 05, 2014