We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Koko resort vs Over the Water rentals (orange and purple hou

Which Isla Bastimentos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Portland, OR
reviews: 23
Koko resort vs Over the Water rentals (orange and purple hou

Hello,

Our first choice for lodging is probably the penthouses at Tropical suites or Hotel Palma Royale, but hey're not available. Has anyone stayed at Over the water rentals orange and purple house or Koko resort? We like walking into town, but don't want a lot of noise. Water view is a must, and really enjoy happy hours and morning coffee on the deck. Please share what you know.

thanks,

2 replies to this topic
Olympia, Washington
reviews: 117
1. Re: Koko resort vs Over the Water rentals (orange and purple hou

We just left there - Koko Resort - you are about a 15 minute walk from town and about a 5 minute taxi ride. But you are on the beach and also a 3 minute walk from a sandy beach spot. Breakfast on the terrace with Jack and Lee was awesome. The sound of the waves hitting the pillars was great and their terrace sits right on the water. You can sit there for hours. The resort is next to their other property, the Bahia del Sol. Take a bus ride through the island and eat at Yasinori's, awesome Caribbean food.

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 75
2. Re: Koko resort vs Over the Water rentals (orange and purple hou

Just returned from Koko and loved it. It's a short walk from town.. no mosquitos (this was a suprise) ... as for "no noise"... you are right in amongs the locals and there life does go on in the morning...not sure it this would bother you but be aware. The dogs love to "talk" to each other. You may hear a little music now and then but i wouldn't consider it alot. Didn't bother me in fact i loved the atmosphere.

Reply to: Koko resort vs Over the Water rentals (orange and purple hou
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted