We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water Taxis to AND from Isla Bastimentos

Which Isla Bastimentos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 30
Water Taxis to AND from Isla Bastimentos

A couple questions on getting to and from Isla Bastimentos

I've read it is easy to find a taxi from Bocas to Bastimentos, what is the average cost? and it the cost negotiable?

Is it possible to schedule a water taxi for pick up from Bastimentos or what is the best way to catch a taxi from Bastimentos to Bocas at 7am on a weekday?

Thanks!

Salinas, California
reviews: 76
1. Re: Water Taxis to AND from Isla Bastimentos

Hi, we are leaving for Bastimentos this Sunday. From what I have found out we will have no problem getting a water taxi and it is only a few dollars like $2-$3 each way per person. It is only a 10 min. boat ride. I am traveling in a party of 5 so I may try and negotiate a free fare for our 3 year old. But it doesn't sound like it's going to be very expensive so I'll wait and see what the price is. The owner of the house we are renting in Bastimentos said she has never waitied more than 2 min. for a water taxi from Bastimentos to Bocas town.

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 30
2. Re: Water Taxis to AND from Isla Bastimentos

Thanks for the info. Does this include drop anywhere on Bastimentos or are there certain drop off places? I'm going to the east side of the island.

Atlanta
Destination Expert
for Jaco, Bocas Town
reviews: 115
3. Re: Water Taxis to AND from Isla Bastimentos

Bastimentos Isla is a big island. I think mantaraya is refering to pick up and drop offs from Bocas town - Bastimentos (main town), not the whole island. You can get dropped off almost anywhere you want, but price depends on how far you will travel.

Salinas, California
reviews: 76
4. Re: Water Taxis to AND from Isla Bastimentos

Yes, I was talking about drop off at Old Bank (Bastimentos town) from Bocas.

The trip to the other end of Bastimentos island near salt creek is $70-$80. That is the main reason we decided to stay near Bastimentos town. We wanted easier access to more dining options and a grocery store. The Salt Creek area looks beautiful so we will probably take a boat over there one day to try the snorkeling.

Isla Bastimentos
reviews: 5
5. Re: Water Taxis to AND from Isla Bastimentos

Bastimentos town is called Old Bank and the boat taxis will pick you up at almost any of the docks there for 3 bucks to Bocas. The Bastimentos fleet usually run from dawn till almost midnite, and will take you to the Bastimentos dock in Bocas, next to Bocas Marine. After midnite you can always get a boat at the dock in Bocas next to Barco Hundido Bar for usually 5 bucks.

Athens, TN
reviews: 3
6. Re: Water Taxis to AND from Isla Bastimentos

Last week, we paid adult $4/pp one way from Bocas Town to Red Frog Marina area of Bastimentos, then a short walk to Bocas Bound.

Edited: 1:29 pm, January 22, 2012
7. Re: Water Taxis to AND from Isla Bastimentos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:22 am, May 04, 2013