We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Panama Issue- Please Help!

Which Bocas Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
Air Panama Issue- Please Help!

Hi, I recently have been trying to book a flight with air panama and just as others have said was having trouble booking anything online through the air panama website. Last Friday when I went to the site it looked a bit different and all of a sudden I was able to go through the motions of actually booking a flight. I put in all the personal info and credit card info needed and but when it tried to process it would send me an error message indicating that 'the transaction was unable to complete- if the issues continue please contact us'. I tried again and the same thing happened so I gave up. A couple days go by and low and behold I have not 1, but 2 credit card charges from Air Panama! I have no idea what is going on because I haven't received even one confirmation that the flights were booked. I have tried every contact number and email provided on the air panama website with no answer and now when I go back to the website it looks the same as it did prior. At this point, providing that these charges are from the real Air Panama, all I want is for the double charge to be reversed and some kind of confirmation that I actually booked a flight. Does Air Panama usually provide something like this or not? If I don't get a hold of someone soon I will have to reverse both charges through my credit card company. I would like to keep one but I can't be sure that I actually booked a flight without some kind of confirmation. I understand Air Panama is incredibly busy at the moment but if anyone knows of anyway that I can get a hold of them that would be appreciated. Just a bad feeling when you have over $800 in charges when you were told the transaction didn't go through and you have nothing to show for it. Anyway, if anyone has any advice at all on this please let me know. Thanks so much!

Atlanta
Destination Expert
for Jaco, Bocas Town
reviews: 111
1. Re: Air Panama Issue- Please Help!

I had the exact same thing happen to me before. CALL THEM. You can get a person on the phone. When do you fly? Check with your credit card on how long you have to contest the charges. Usually it is 60 days. When this happened to me I called and finally got a person. I was very concerned that all of my reservations would be cancelled. When I got through to a person and they finally understood the issue I was able to establish email contact. This was great and they were good about keeping in touch with me. It did take over 6 weeks to get the money back, but that was still in my time frame of the 60 days to cancel thru my credit card. Just get on the phone and work on getting in touch with an actual person.

Vancouver, Canada
2. Re: Air Panama Issue- Please Help!

Thank you! Will do! Eases my mind to know that I am not the only one. Hopefully this will all be resolved soon.

Atlanta
Destination Expert
for Jaco, Bocas Town
reviews: 111
3. Re: Air Panama Issue- Please Help!

I believe it will be resolved, but don't count on it being resolved soon :)

Panama
reviews: 87
4. Re: Air Panama Issue- Please Help!

Sorry to hear about your issues with Air Panama. They have installed a new reservation system and its still causing many issues for travelers attempting reservations on their own. If you are staying at a reputable hotel, the Reservations staff will be able to assist you. In the future have your destination hotel assist you with your bookings to Bocas. There are hotels in Bocas del Toro that offer this as a service. No one really knows when the system will be up and running as we would hope it to be. Wishing you success in clearing up the issue and we will see you in Bocas!

Boston, MA
reviews: 116
5. Re: Air Panama Issue- Please Help!

The only way to a book on this airline is to call them. As I have said, you need to call every two hours until someone answers, wait a day or two for the credit authorization form, send in copies of your credit card (makes us all nervous, but no other way), then wait another day or two until the eticket shows up. For us, when the eticket came, one of the names was spelled wrong. We called again until someone answered and explained the problem. They promised on Thursday to re-issue the eticket, but that didn't happen. So today once again we need to call until someone answers. I have never had so much trouble with an airline and I have flown some very small ones in much less developed countries than Panama. But I'm really not up for the overnight bus. I'd better check my credit card charges.

Ancaster, On
reviews: 33
6. Re: Air Panama Issue- Please Help!

It seems their new website is up and running. I tried navigating through the site and there appears to be some bugs, but overall seems to allow you to book flights into March

https://www.airpanama.com/

Trenton, Michigan
reviews: 15
7. Re: Air Panama Issue- Please Help!

I booked a January flight today. Worked fine.

8. Re: Air Panama Issue- Please Help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, December 04, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Bocas Town