We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need a great scuba shop? Try these guys

Which Bocas Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 104
Need a great scuba shop? Try these guys

Bocas Dive Centre, Calle 2,Ave E., Bocas Town

A great scuba experience requires a number of things; professional friendly staff, good quality equipment, a good boat, and attractive dive sites. Bocas Dive Centre provides all of this and more. Eddie Ibarra recently opened the Bocas Dive Centre and he is off to a great start. Eddie is the first Panamanian PADI Course Director and he is leading the drive towards more locally own and run dive operations. His shop is located near the waterfront in Bocas town. From the moment you walk in the door, you are made to feel welcome. After a quick dive credential check, he or his staff will brief you on the sites available and arrange something to your skills and your desires. Their prices are very competitive (2 fun dives for $60, gear included) and they accept VISA. They have both morning and afternoon dives, and unlike most shops, they will go with just one client. The jetty is just around the block and all the gear is located there. All the gear was new, top quality, and well maintained. I can’t recall when I last used a reg that performed so closely to my own. The boat easily seats 8 and is low enough for easy access after a dive. Eddie uses local staff for DMs and boat captain which ensure that your dive dollars stay in the local economy. The DMs knew the sites well and ensured we all got sufficient bottom times while staying within the operating limits. They were very attentive to new divers and allowed me, as a relatively experienced diver (200+), a little more leash during my dives.I had eight dives during the week and all were either Very good or excellent. I would not hesitate to recommend BDC to any new or experienced diver and I certainly hope to come back to dive with them again.

Atlanta, Georgia...
Destination Expert
for Colon, Isla Grande, Portobelo
reviews: 10
1. Re: Need a great scuba shop? Try these guys

Sounds just like Bocas Water Sports -- who will also take just one diver, and offer discounts on multiple dives.

I'm glad to see that another good, quality dive shop has opened up in Bocas. "Well maintained" and "Panamanian" don't often appear together when referring to things like dive gear and dive ops. And, it's nice to get a review about a dive op by a diver with more than a handful of logged dives. I tend to be very skeptical of glowing dive op reviews made by someone who only did a resort course.

2. Re: Need a great scuba shop? Try these guys

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, November 18, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Bocas Town