We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two weeks in Bocas del Toro - Feb 13 (not 12)

Which Bocas Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 27
Two weeks in Bocas del Toro - Feb 13 (not 12)

Hi,

We are planning a two week vacation to Panama in Feb. We are trying to decide how to spend the two weeks. Is there enough to do in Bocas del Toro for two weeks? We enjoy exploring the area: hiking, beaches, seeing wildlife etc. We also enjoy relaxing, meeting people over a few drinks. I have been browsing some spots to rent and seems there are lots of choices, anyone have any recommendations for a cottage with kitchen near or on the water that is not too expensive (it doesn't have to be fancy).

Panama City, Panama
reviews: 80
1. Re: Two weeks in Bocas del Toro - Feb 13 (not 12)

I suggest reading the reviews on here for hotels/hostels, etc. and book early.

You are arriving in the midst of Carnaval which starts on Feb.11, wow. You cannot book Air Panama until two months before, I don;t believe, but as soon as the site lets you, you need to secure your flights.. Because of Carnaval, many people will be traveling all over Panama and buses and planes will fill up quickly in the madness.

I will let someone else answer re two weeks in Bocas. I would be fine with it.

Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 27
2. Re: Two weeks in Bocas del Toro - Feb 13 (not 12)

LN

Thx for your response. I trust your answers as we communicated last year when I was planning our trip to farallon and gamboa.

Perhaps you have some insight into my other post titled " cost of things"

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 31
3. Re: Two weeks in Bocas del Toro - Feb 13 (not 12)

Dawat,

I would find 2 weeks too long. We LOVED our vacation (one of the best) but were only there for a week. We did everything we wanted to do (except visit Red Frog Beach) and felt good leaving when we did. I would spend a few days somewhere else and maybe only 9 days on Bocas. Just my opinion. But, I am not a "sit around" person, so that may make a difference.

Las Vegas, Nevada
reviews: 85
4. Re: Two weeks in Bocas del Toro - Feb 13 (not 12)

We are just starting planning on our first trip to Panama I see you said carnival starts February 11 when does it end we were trying to work in extra days off with presidents day on the 18th

Panama
reviews: 100
5. Re: Two weeks in Bocas del Toro - Feb 13 (not 12)

Carnival ends on the 14th, so you are in the clear by arriving the 15th. Wherever you go in Panama will be considered a peak travel period for Carnival. Everyone leaves Panama City for the interior and beach, so a hotel in the city will not be an issue.

Another consideration is arriving during Carnival and staying at a lodge outside of town on the outer islands or Bluff Beach (every one comes to Isla Colon), and then spending your remaining days in Bocas Town enjoying great restaurants, small town Caribbean community and activities on Isla Colon. The activities will be available at any location you stay in Bocas del Toro. If you do this, you could easily enjoy a couple of weeks in Bocas del Toro!

Atlanta
Destination Expert
for Jaco, Bocas Town
reviews: 111
6. Re: Two weeks in Bocas del Toro - Feb 13 (not 12)

Two weeks for me is great in Bocas, but I do love hammock time and have made many friends in the area over the years. I still have so much I feel I haven't seen or done, and so much I want to do again in BDT.

Panama City, Panama
reviews: 14
7. Re: Two weeks in Bocas del Toro - Feb 13 (not 12)

Red Frog Beach is very cool. They have houses that you can rent. They are all differently design so there is something for everybody. They have activities also. You could stay two weeks, depending on how much time you are willing to spend on the beach. I would suggest 1 week, or at the most a week and a half.

Edited: 7:37 am, December 19, 2012
Silver Spring...
8. Re: Two weeks in Bocas del Toro - Feb 13 (not 12)

Any ideas on where we could snag accommodations near red frog jan1-9? Willing to rent scooters if need be. Thanks

9. Re: Two weeks in Bocas del Toro - Feb 13 (not 12)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, January 06, 2014