We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Panama contact

Which Bocas Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Colorado Springs...
reviews: 7
Air Panama contact

After trying to get a ticket on Air Panama's web site for two months now, I'm not having any luck. My local travel agent can't get me a ticket either. I've tried 6 phone numbers, all starting with area code 507 and have not had any luck. Does anyone out there have a phone number or a way to buy a ticket from Panama City to Boca del Toro? I've heard about the security problems with Air Panama, but don't have the time--ok, don't want to TAKE the time--to use the bus to get to Boca. Any help would sure be appreciated.

41 replies to this topic
Atlanta, Georgia...
Destination Expert
for Colon, Isla Grande, Portobelo
reviews: 10
1. Re: Air Panama contact

When calling Panama, you also have to include the country code ... it's not a U.S. area code.

To book Air Panama flights, you might contact one of the places you're staying, either in Panama City or Bocas, and have them book the flights for you. Many B&Bs and small hotels will do that.

Calling Air Panama has been tough. With Aeroperlas pulling out of Panama, Air Panama has been hard pressed to fill the gap. Having recently flown them from Albrook to Bocas and back, I think they've done a remarkable job of staying on schedule and moving people and baggage efficiently.

What security problems are you referring to? I haven't seen any problems.

Colorado Springs...
2. Re: Air Panama contact

Hi and thanks for your help. On the security issue I was really just responding to having read, on this forum, info from people indicating they had luggage gone thru etc. Perhaps it's an isolated incident, at least I hope so! Thanks again. I kind of went 'da' when you mentioned I needed to use the country code. I just thought that perhaps they were old numbers that had not been updated online. Thanks again

Panama
reviews: 100
3. Re: Air Panama contact

Hola,

You did not state what date you are wishing to travel. Due to the national suspension of service by Aeroperlas, Air Panama has done its very best to pick up the pieces. Due to our reduced airlift to Bocas, Air Panama site continues to be antiquated and not user friendly. Air Panama is taking bookings up to 2 months in advance at this time. This is an inconvenience, but it is the current situation as of June 28th, 2012.

When staying at a reputable service oriented hotel and traveling within this time frame, your hotel should be able to assist you without problems. Go ahead and confirm your advance reservation than ask your service oriented hotel to take care of the reservation as soon as that 2 month time window becomes available. There will be flights, but due to current reorganization of aircrafts and airlift to Bocas you need to be patient and positive. Its a great destination!

Washington
reviews: 8
4. Re: Air Panama contact

I also tried to book online Air Panama flight from PC to Bocas for our family of 4 for travel around Christmas (Decemeber 15 - 24) but found that you can't more than 2 months in advance. Does anyone know if two months is enough time in advance to book for flights around Christmas? Can hotels/BB's in Panama City make flight reservation more than 2 months in advance?

Thanks

JTrav

Atlanta
Destination Expert
for Jaco, Bocas Town
reviews: 111
5. Re: Air Panama contact

Jtrav I would keep checking with Air Panama because things change and they might open up bookings. We just booked about 3 weeks out, no problem getting thru on the phone, but they booked 4 tickets instead of 3. One of us is going twice on the same flight I guess. I know Air Panama will fix it but it will take time, patience and many phone calls. The exact same thing happened with our Nature Air Flight. I have two tickets just for me. It takes them a long time to refund the money but they have been good about communicating with me. I could just go thru my cc company but I am afraid that it will cancel ALL of our plane tickets, not just the one. When you are home in The States it is very frustrating and seems ridiculous but once you get to Central America you will move slower and will be more understanding (hopefully)

Panama
reviews: 100
6. Re: Air Panama contact

Regarding your question: Can hotels/BB's in Panama City make flight reservation more than 2 months in advance?

Best to have your destination Hotel handle this matter for you, they will be more committed to your situation. Unless you are staying at a 4 or 5 star hotel with a travel desk, or a business hotel in Panama City, your best alternative is to work with a good hotel in Bocas del Toro which offers this service.

When the holiday season arrives, additional flights will be introduced, and Bocas Town is busiest for the New Year time frame.

When you do get your E-Ticket from Air Panama, double check all information as they are prone to making errors at this awkward time and you need to confirm everything is in order and correct on your ticket. It will all work out, again once you get to Cental America you will understand the challenges of traveling to unique destinations.

Washington
7. Re: Air Panama contact

Thank you all for your replies. I found that Habla Ya Spanish school in Bocas offers to book flights if you also take some of their tours. Has anyone taken tours or booked flights through them? They have great reviews from Trip Advisor but all reviews are for the Spanish courses.

Jtrav

Colorado Springs...
8. Re: Air Panama contact

I ended getting reservations made by ron@bluffbeachretreat.com

He made it very easy, I paid with credit card thru him. We just got back from our trip to Panama and the flight went well, so I can suggest him as a resource to purchase tickets. By the way, we did NOT have reservations at the resort that he oversees. He simply made the air reservations for me.

Washington
9. Re: Air Panama contact

Thaks Funithesand. Were you able to book more than couple months in advance?

How was your time in Bocas? Any tips, "must do" or "should not" do in Bocas?

Thanks

Jtrav

Colorado Springs...
10. Re: Air Panama contact

Good question....no, they wouldn't book until July and we used the tickets Sept 3rd or so. We didn't spend any time in Bocas so I can't help you there....sorry......but two excursions we did that we really enjoyed were, first a snorkeling trip to Crawl Cay which is filled with alot of colorful coral and fans, and quite a few fish. We've snorkeled quite a bit and still were impressed with what we saw. Secondly, go to the Zapatillos--two islands--you'll only go to one of them---NO services--nothing--but beautiful beach and you can walk around the island in about 45 minutes. Once you are on the island, since it's a Park of some kind, the officials come around and charge 10 dollars a person. So if you are given a quote of a fee for the excursion, see if it includes that extra 10 bucks a person.

Reply to: Air Panama contact
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted