We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight from Albrook to Bocas del Toro

Which Bocas Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Beaconsfield
reviews: 2
Flight from Albrook to Bocas del Toro

Hi! This question has been asked 4 yrs ago, but I wondered if there was a more current answer. Someone told us not to book ahead because the airline might go belly-up before we get theree...now that only Air Panama travels from Albrook to Bocas, what is the recommendation? To buy the day we travel or book ahead? Also, is it a better deal to book round trip than one way every time?

Kelly in Montreal

Atlanta, Georgia...
Destination Expert
for Colon, Isla Grande, Portobelo
reviews: 10
1. Re: Flight from Albrook to Bocas del Toro

You're not going to get a deal on flights to Bocas. Forget that right now. If you want to get to Bocas, definitely book ahead of time. Air Panama is not going out of business ... they are the only game in town.

Bocas del Toro
2. Re: Flight from Albrook to Bocas del Toro

buy your ticket with your credit card (you may have no other choice) and if anything happens, such as the aeroperlas fiasco (they did not go out of business by the way, just decided to cease operations in Panama) then you can dispute the charge and not lose your money. i suspect another company will step in before the coming busy season. Air panama has been adding flight, not going out of business at all. So definitely book early, as they are indeed the only game in town now. so it is them or the 12 hr bus......

Beaconsfield
reviews: 2
3. Re: Flight from Albrook to Bocas del Toro

Thank you gb_ and Crazy!! Very helpful! Will do.

Los Angeles, CA
4. Re: Flight from Albrook to Bocas del Toro

Is there a bus back from bocas to Panama city? if so how to we get to it

Bocas del Toro
5. Re: Flight from Albrook to Bocas del Toro

there are two direct buses, leaving from almirante. one in the morning and one at night.. you can reserve and pay for the tickets at the water taxi place called bocas marine tour in bocas.

Panama
reviews: 99
6. Re: Flight from Albrook to Bocas del Toro

If you haven't traveled yet to Bocas del Toro, it is always a benefit to buy travelers insurance when traveling to remote destinations regardless of method of traveling. Just a friendly reminder as it is an easy oversight when considering international travels. Happy Trails!

Panama City, Panama
reviews: 80
7. Re: Flight from Albrook to Bocas del Toro

Travelers to Panama are covered for "health" insurance for 30 days I believe. Or are you talking about travel "cancellation" insurance?

Isla Colon, Panama
reviews: 3
8. Re: Flight from Albrook to Bocas del Toro

Yes, you can buy tickets at Bocas Marine Tours on Isla Colón. About $30 for the overnighter. If my memory doesn't fail me it leaves about 7 p.m. from Almirante but you can confirm the schedule at Bocas Marine Tours.

9. Re: Flight from Albrook to Bocas del Toro

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:42 am, June 19, 2013