We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wing it or structure it?

Which Kandy hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dorset
reviews: 3
Wing it or structure it?

Hi

I am travelling to Sri Lanka in jan for 17 nights. 7 days as a couple and then 10 days with our adult daughter. I have started to plan our trip after hours of searching through information and have booked 2 nights in negombo 2 nights in galle and 1 night in mirrissa my plan is to spend the next 2 nights travelling back towards the airport to meet my daughter for the next stage of our trip. The more I look in to it the more confused i get . I would like to spend the 10 days doing all of the obvious sights and the east coast beaches. So therefore my question is would it be easier and financially better to sort this out whilst we're there in the first 7 days.

Many thanks for any help and advise.

Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
1. Re: Wing it or structure it?

Forget the east coast beaches in January.

Hans

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
reviews: 132
2. Re: Wing it or structure it?

It's stlll peak season then, hence best to prebook accomodation at least 1 night ahead (by Phone or Internet).

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Newcastle upon...
reviews: 120
3. Re: Wing it or structure it?

If your not going to say something sensible , say nothing Hans

Edited: 3:11 am, November 14, 2013
Dorset
4. Re: Wing it or structure it?

Many thanks for your reply.

Dorset
5. Re: Wing it or structure it?

As I've been following the forum for advice for the lastfew weeks I'm not overly concerned to be another victim of Hans acerbic wit!!

Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
6. Re: Wing it or structure it?

another victim of Hans acerbic wit!!

-----------------

Your decision whether to go to the east coast or not, but the weather is likely not going to be beach weather.

Hans

Dorset
7. Re: Wing it or structure it?

Thank you that has helped

8. Re: Wing it or structure it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:57 am, November 14, 2013
9. Re: Wing it or structure it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, November 16, 2014