We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendations for fellow travellers

Which Dambulla hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Exeter, United...
reviews: 10
Recommendations for fellow travellers

I always try to take in some of the local sights and visit various historical and places of interest during my visits to Sri Lanka. On this occasion I wished to visit the Somawathie Temple in the Polonnaruwa area. The hotel, Kassapa Lions Rock, arranged suitable transport for me and I was very impressed with the vehicle and, more importantly, with the driver provided. He was punctual, polite and looked after me so very well throughout the day. Seeing my interest in wildlife and photography he stopped for me on several occasions for me to photograph wildlife he had spotted. I would recommend this driver to anyone requiring transport and am, therefore, posting his details here - R.M.S.Priyankara (Proprietor), Quality round tours/Village tours/City tours/One day tours. http://www.thilinapriyatours.com/ Email.Thilanapriya@gmail.com.

During the day my driver took me to a family run "buffet style" restaurant for lunch. The family run restaurant, Priyamali Gedara Farmer Lunch, is located overlooking a beautiful rural setting at No.1595, Bendiwewa, Jayanthipura, Polonnaruwa (Tel: 071-7216470 or 027-3286485). The proprietor, Mr. Lama Dewappriya, and his family, were very welcoming and provided us with a stunning aray of delicious, traditional, home cooked dishes. The meal was eaten from traditional woven dishes lined with banana leaves and Mr. Dewappriya was happy to show us the raw vegtables and fruits that are used in the dishes. If you are in this area, and requiring lunch, then this restaurant should, in my opinion, be a MUST to visit. I certainly hope to re-visit when I next return Sri Lanka.

1. Re: Recommendations for fellow travellers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 11, 2014