We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what other attractions

Which Suceava hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brasov, Romania
what other attractions

I am a bit over Churches, Monastries and Mosques is Suceava and its people interesting and worth a visit with out above?

SAMMY

16 replies to this topic
Tel Aviv, Israel
Destination Expert
for Romania
reviews: 8
1. Re: what other attractions

as i know Suceava not so much interesting place, better to visit Bucovina or Maramures area , absolutely worth visit and interesting people.

maramures :

http://www.romaniatourism.com/maramures.html

bucovina:

www.romaniatourism.com/bucovina-moldova.html

London, United...
reviews: 19
2. Re: what other attractions

Hi. Suceava is my hometown, so consider the information that you get quite accurate.

Suceava is quite a pretty town with plenty of good restaurants and pubs. The most popular tourist attraction in town seems to be the Suceava Castle. There are a couple of museums as well if you're into that.

However, at the moment Suceava has become a sort of shopping center. It has the biggest open market (bazar) in the entire region and you can find lots of bargains. You can literally find anything: from clothes and shoes to carpets, furniture, tools, food etc. Many of the products are cheap and imported from China, but if you go through the maze of the bazar you can find good quality things as well, which are considerably cheaper than in town. There is also a brand new mall which was been opened recently (Iulius Mall), but there is nothing spectacular about it except the fact that it's a new building, very modern and that it looks really nice. Some of the things they sell can be found in the bazar for nearly half the price.

Many of the locals living in villages around come to Suceava to shop around. All the major retailers have opened stores: Carrefour, Metro, Real, Billa, Selgros, Kaufland, Lidl.

Now that I've done with describing the town of Suceava, I can start describing Suceava county. The county itself has lots of wonderful things and places to offer. As soon as you leave the town and go into the mountains the scenery you get to see is absolutely unbelievable.

If you are still interested in visiting the Suceava county, please let me know and I will tell you where to go and what to see, especially since you don't seem to be into churches and monasteries :)

Conover, North...
3. Re: what other attractions

Is there an orphanage in Suceava?

London, United...
reviews: 19
4. Re: what other attractions

Here is a list of all the orphanages from Suceava county. However, I am not sure about how accurate it is. It would be better to call first.

http://www.paginiaurii.ro/search.ds?encodedRefinement=locality2..%3D..SUCEAVA..%26..SUCEAVA&what=ORFELINATE&stageName=Category+search&activeRefinements=locality3..%3D..Moldova..%26..Moldova&activeSort=score+desc%2C+pricelvl+desc%2C+random_7388743&alphaRefineable=[0-9]N0|AN1|BN1|CN92|DN0|EN0|FN0|GN0|HN0|IN0|%C3%8EN0|JN0|KN0|LN0|MN4|NN0|ON0|PN0|QN0|RN1|SN1|%C5%9EN0|TN0|%C5%A2N0|UN0|VN0|WN0|XN0|YN0|ZN0&restoSearch=false&firstMaxRank=0

What exactly are you interested in?

Conover, North...
5. Re: what other attractions

We adopted a little girl from the Suceava Orphanage back in 2000. I would like to find out more about it. Can you help me?

6. Re: what other attractions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:27 pm, October 11, 2011

7. Re: what other attractions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:05 am, November 05, 2011

Dowling, Ontario
reviews: 52
8. Re: what other attractions

Hoping to visit the area in early October. Are there any day tours of the area? We would likely arrive by train from Bucharest and stay for only a day or two before returning to Bucharest.

Suceava, Romania
reviews: 4
9. Re: what other attractions

You can Have a look at www.hellobucovina.com

They will arrange excelent day tours to the painted monasteries !

Dowling, Ontario
reviews: 52
10. Re: what other attractions

Thank you so much for your recommendation. The Hotel Alice looks like a great place to stay. My wife's father came from Stanesti de Jos, Bucovinia, is this anywhere near by so we could possibly visit?

Reply to: what other attractions
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted