We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Sagada to Vigan

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 1
Travel from Sagada to Vigan

Hi,

Is there a direct route from Sagada to Vigan and are the roads in good condition? We will be travelling in March, so expect this to be the dry season.

Thank you

Manila
reviews: 44
1. Re: Travel from Sagada to Vigan

From Sagada, you go down to Dantay Halsema hi-way (Sagada junction).

Make a right turn toward Baguio. Around 11kms you will cross a bridge in Sabangan and you will find a road going to Cervantes. That is the direct route to Ilocos.

I suggest you take the Abatan route so that you don't miss the Mt. Data where the scenery is much more beautiful than Banaue viewpoint, etc. (according to me and my passengers). Sabangan to Abatan is less than 40kms... i think. :-)

So Sagada to Abatan (3hrs), right turn at intersection going to Mankayan which lead to Cervantes. A junction at Cervantes, make a left turn going to Bessang pass national park and all the way to Tagudin, Ilocos Sur.

Strongly advice you leave Sagada before 8am. Have lunch at Abatan.

P.S. Bring coffee pot... you might want some coffee if you ever stop for the scenery. :-)

Manila
reviews: 44
2. Re: Travel from Sagada to Vigan

Forgot to mention roads from Dantay to Tagudin via Abatan are ok. There is a wash out portion of halsema hi-way (20meters+-) but can't remember which part/ town.

Avoid taking the Cervantes - Sta. Maria, Ilocos sur route.

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 1
3. Re: Travel from Sagada to Vigan

Thanks, TouristDriver, will keep this in mind.

Baguio, Philippines
4. Re: Travel from Sagada to Vigan

Hey,

We are currently at Baguio, and my family and I want to travel to Sagada today and Vigan the next day. Can you give us an advice on what route to take from Sagada to Vigan? Please reply as soon as you can, I really need your response. Thanks!

alkhobar
reviews: 8
5. Re: Travel from Sagada to Vigan

Touristdriver, I always wanted to go to Cervantes from Hanselma Highway but I was advised that a certain river sometimes overflow (or high level) that a vehicle has to wait because it may not be able to cross. Is it still true? Thanks.

6. Re: Travel from Sagada to Vigan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, January 02, 2014