We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling from Lima to Nasca

Which Nazca hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Medellin, Colombia
reviews: 18
Traveling from Lima to Nasca

Hi,

I'm planning a trip to Peru in October and I would like to go from Lima to Nazca, but I don't know what's the best way to get there.

If I take a bus, how much can it cost? How many hours would that be?

Can I travel by train or plane?

Thanks for the answers.

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
reviews: 318
1. Re: Traveling from Lima to Nasca

No trains nor commercial flights.

You can charter a plane or go by bus (6 hours) or can hire a van or car with driver.

Pahoa, Hawaii
reviews: 2
2. Re: Traveling from Lima to Nasca

It's a fairly long, but uneventful, drive. We had a private driver, but it may be possible to do the same by bus. We actually stayed in Paracas, but I think a lot of people may stay in Ica. Either way, you fly south to Nazca and then fly back to the airport.

Ica, Peru
3. Re: Traveling from Lima to Nasca

Hi,

I own a travel agency in Ica, so I frequently receive these types of questions.

The best option depends on your budget. Here are your choices.

Expensive Options

1. Hire a private car, or travel by bus, from Lima to Pisco (a 3.5 hour drive) or from Lima to Ica ( a 4 hour drive). In these cities, you can fly over the Nazca Lines. From Pisco, the cost is $184 and from Ica the cost is $179 USD. Private transportation is not cheap, you can contact us for a current price quote if this interests you. There are very comfortable buses that do this route, like Cruz del Sur and Oltursa.

2. Charter a private flight from Lima to Nazca or Lima to Ica. This is not a good option for most people because it costs several thousand dollars.

Medium Options:

1. Take a very nice tourist bus, like Cruz del Sur or Oltursa, from Lima to Nazca. Fly over the Nazca Lines in Nazca, and then either sleep over that night or return the same day (which makes for a very long day trip).

Cheap Options:

1. Take a cheap local bus ( Soyuz, 35 soles) or Cial (probably around 50 soles) from Lima to Nazca. Take a flight over the lines, and then return back to Lima.

IMPORTANT NOTE:

What many people decide to do is make a multi-day trip to Nazca, by stopping first at Paracas for a tour to the Ballestas Islands. Then they go that day to Huacachina to take our famous dune buggy and sandboarding tour, which explores the beautiful dunes here. Then they sleep over here (or in Paracas) and then the next day go to Nazca for the flight there.

This is probably the best and most enjoyable option. The price for this depends on whether you want a private driver, expensive upscale hotels, etc.

Regards,

Jonathan Green

Manager, Huacachina.com Tours

England
4. Re: Traveling from Lima to Nasca

If your just going to see the Nazca Lines then you will find yourself travelling a long time just for the half hour flight. That is why we have included Ica to go to the Huacachina Oasis and Paracas to visit the Ballestas Islands. I suppose it depends how much time you have too.

Pensacola, Florida
reviews: 56
5. Re: Traveling from Lima to Nasca

…worldnomads.com/destination/…23.aspx

Coolest raod trip in SA many other neats stops to Nasca

to fly the world famous Lines largest collection of GeoGlyphs

in the known world amazing...

www.cruzdelsur.com.pe best bus VIP seats very comfy my fav

6 hours to Nasca from Lima

www.casa-andina.com Hotel Allegria or Hostal Brabant

based on budget best to fly the lines early AM when calm

from $55...

Best way to go for me and then on to Arequipa Colca Titicaca

for the deepest canyon and the highest navigable lake

in the known world and on to Cusco/MP an amazing journey...

Have fun,

Pensacola, Florida
reviews: 56
6. Re: Traveling from Lima to Nasca

www.mysteryperu.com others do good tours of the area not as great

Prefer DIY over several days for freedom and flexibility...

Bus Deluxe from $20 or so...the way to go for 1-2

more than that negotiate for a nice driver/guide from $100/day

Medellin, Colombia
reviews: 18
7. Re: Traveling from Lima to Nasca

Thanks so much for your advice. I didn´t know some many people would help me.

Thanks to all of you!!!

8. Re: Traveling from Lima to Nasca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, January 30, 2011