We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel in Aguas Calientes for my wife and I

Which Aguas Calientes hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle USA
reviews: 5
Hotel in Aguas Calientes for my wife and I

Greetings,

I am looking for a clean and pleasant place to stay for (probably) one nite while visiting Machu Picchu - would be for my wife and I. I have found a real mixed bag of info on the Internet, with some very non-flattering reviews - I did read that there were several new hotels that were to have opened in May of 2005, but haven't run across them yet. Any info other folks who have visited can provide, would be greatly appreciated! Happy and safe travels.

Scott in Seattle

New Orleans
reviews: 16
11. Re: Hotel in Aguas Calientes for my wife and I

BudaTX, glad to hear your opinion about the Rupa Wasi since my husband and I will be staying there for two nights in October and there have been a couple of bad-ish reviews lately. Funny enough, my spouse keeps saying that maybe we'll just never come back home from Peru eventhough we've never been there before. So I'm sure we'll have some of the same thoughts about the proprietors of the Rupa Wasi as you did!

North wales, UK
reviews: 11
12. Re: Hotel in Aguas Calientes for my wife and I

I stayed at the Inti Inn, which was basic but very pleasant, comfortable beds with excellent showers, believe me it was worth it for the Showers, especially if you did the trail first. There may be other better hotels, but the Inti was perfctly adequate and very very reasonable priced

San Francisco
reviews: 1
13. Re: Hotel in Aguas Calientes for my wife and I

If you stay at Rupa Wasi go for the 2nd floor room. We had one downstairs and the moldy smell was horrible. Also bathroom was covered with mildew. I guess it is because the ground was very close.

14. Re: Hotel in Aguas Calientes for my wife and I

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 pm, August 19, 2009