We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Catching Malaria?

Which Lagos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oyama, Japan
Catching Malaria?

Hi, everyone.

I'm from Japan and I'm going to visit my friend in Nigeria, Lagos. but I'm really afraid of getting sick from malaria. I don't know much about the spread of malaria in Nigeria. Is it safe? What if I catch malaria? Any advice would be much appreciated!

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
reviews: 45
1. Re: Catching Malaria?

Get a jab..

Birmingham, United...
reviews: 1
2. Re: Catching Malaria?

Talk to your doctor about malaria prevention treatment. Read up on the best ways to protect yourself (long sleeves at night, repellent, mosquito net, etc.) You are right to be concerned about malaria. It is not a pleasant thing to get AT ALL.

reviews: 7
3. Re: Catching Malaria?

The medication is called Malarone.

4. Re: Catching Malaria?

5. Re: Catching Malaria?

Oyama, Japan
6. Re: Catching Malaria?

Thank you for your response. I really appreciate the advice you have given me. I hope for a better trip.

Thanks once more, dear friends!

Birmingham, United...
reviews: 1
7. Re: Catching Malaria?

どういたしまして!Have fun on your trip!

Philadelphia...
reviews: 19
8. Re: Catching Malaria?

Check with your doctor about the best preventive medicine for your own personal situation, regarding malaria and any other diseases you may encounter while traveling. But also heed traditional local wisdom about malaria: don't spend too much time in the sun. (Regardless of whether or not it has any basis in "science", you don't need to weaken yourself when traveling.)

Lagos
reviews: 25
9. Re: Catching Malaria?

sun has nothing to do with malaria! malaria is spread only by mosquitoes so you need to avoid them at all cost. you can sleep under a treated net, have your host spay your room with insecticide every night and basically cover up well especially at night

10. Re: Catching Malaria?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, September 26, 2013