We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost Of Taxi For Day Trips

Which Ouarzazate hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Raleigh, North...
reviews: 1
Cost Of Taxi For Day Trips

I will be arriving in ouarzazate in late May and want to tour the area. I am traveling alone and do not want to rent a car. I enjoy photography and want to visit Ait Benhaddou, Finnt Oasis, and the kasbah in Skoura. I am staying two days and am wondering what the cost for a taxi would be for 1/2 day or a day. ( 4 - 8 hours) I would rather travel at my own pace instead of taking a guided tour. I just want to know an aprox price before I arrive. Many Thanks!

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
1. Re: Cost Of Taxi For Day Trips

Negotiable. Explain your requirements to the owner of the establishment you are lodging in (preferably before your arrival) and (s)he will book a car/driver for you. Note that drivers tend not to be guides which may suit you more.

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 71
2. Re: Cost Of Taxi For Day Trips

depends how far you want to go but I've paid 500/600dh for a grand taxi for the day in the past - however that was for relatively short distance trips and a lot of waiting around inbetween so could be more for the travel you describe.

Edited: 7:32 am, April 17, 2014
Aalborg, Denmark
reviews: 6
3. Re: Cost Of Taxi For Day Trips

Hi,

I "hired" a grand taxi driver earlier this year for about 600 dhs. (about 6-7 hours and 220 km from Tangier to Chefchaouen), including tips and the hold taxi (all 6 seats)

A grand taxi will cost you around 0.3 - 0.4 dhs per kilometer. (about 0.20 euros) per seat.

Read more about the Grand Taxi Morocco Price Level and examples and advise here;

reversehomesickness.com/africa/…

Hope this is helpful.

/Steffan

4. Re: Cost Of Taxi For Day Trips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 21, 2015