We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

condition of the road Tinejdad - Rissani

Which Merzouga hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
den haag
reviews: 36
condition of the road Tinejdad - Rissani

Hello,

We are planning to drive from Gorge Todra to Merzouga with our rental car. On the map we saw a road between Tinejdad and Rissani we would like to take but we have seen some pictures and now we are not sure because we saw a lot of 4x4 vehicles...

Do you need 4x4 for this road? Is it possible to drive this road with a regular car?

I hope someone knows the answer...

chicago
1. Re: condition of the road Tinejdad - Rissani

Yes it is possible to drive this road with a regular car as it is a paved one though it is narrow.

den haag
2. Re: condition of the road Tinejdad - Rissani

That's a relief! Thank you very much for your answer!

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 39
3. Re: condition of the road Tinejdad - Rissani

Perfectly good road. Not much traffic. As you near the far end look out for the khetteras on the left side of the road, and far off in the distance, the Stairway to Heaven and City of Orion, see morocco-knowledgebase.net/forum/…

Edited: 6:14 am, April 24, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
reviews: 59
4. Re: condition of the road Tinejdad - Rissani

Stairway to Heaven and City of Orion - very nice, it is actually marvelous to see it, I cannot describe what I felt, but I recommend to go and see, and feel. It is worth! But, for to come to this you need 4x4. Anyway, in Erfoud you can find some who take you to this place with 4x4.

den haag
5. Re: condition of the road Tinejdad - Rissani

Thank you both for the extra tips: the khetteras and the Stairway to Heaven (good to know that for this you need 4x4!)

chicago
6. Re: condition of the road Tinejdad - Rissani

You are welcome. If you have more questions feel free to ask .Have a safe trip!

7. Re: condition of the road Tinejdad - Rissani

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 26, 2014