We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Merzouga to Fez

Which Merzouga hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Barcelona, Spain
reviews: 7
Bus from Merzouga to Fez

Staying in Merzouga and need to travel back to Fez on Tue 28 May 2013. Is there a coach during the day? I can only find an overnight coach (Supratours).

What is the best way to travel for a family of 4?

12 replies to this topic
Casablanca
1. Re: Bus from Merzouga to Fez

Take a Taxi from Merzouga to Rissani, then from Rissani to Errachidia and there you can find available Buses runs over the day to Fes, or better to Azrou then take the taxi from Azrou to Fes.

Barcelona, Spain
reviews: 7
2. Re: Bus from Merzouga to Fez

Thanks. Can you tell me how long it takes and an idea of costs?

Merzouga, Morocco
reviews: 22
3. Re: Bus from Merzouga to Fez

You can also take a taxi direct from Merzouga to Fes, the cost is 1300dh, although I'd recommend booking in advance as the taxis aren't plentifuI.

f you want the number/email for the local taxi driver I use in Merzouga let me know, he speaks very good English stops enroute for lunch, breaks, photos etc.

Casablanca
4. Re: Bus from Merzouga to Fez

Hi Tom-fisher, It takes around 7 to 8 hours driving, as the bus is less expensive, on the other hand ; i agree with Sara to take a taxi from Merzouga to Fes with that price since you are a family of 4 people, and if you bargain a little you could make the price less just don't show your interest in taking the Taxi service thus he will just agree.

Good luck and have a nice travel.

Edited: 9:06 am, April 08, 2013
UK
reviews: 29
5. Re: Bus from Merzouga to Fez

Hi, could you recommend any reliable taxi service providers in Fez to take us from Fez, through Merzouga and other stops enroute to Marrakech? thks

Stockholm, Sweden
reviews: 38
6. Re: Bus from Merzouga to Fez

Best you arrange it when you are in Fes, go to station for grand taxi and ask there. But I doubt some can take you the whole way from Fes to Marrakech with stops. They also need to have permission for such long trip.

HK
reviews: 1
7. Re: Bus from Merzouga to Fez

Can you do me a favour to give the email or phone number of the driver. We join the Sahara dessert expendituon on 18 Sep to 20 Sep. We plan to go to fes on 20 Sep from Merzouga. How much to hire the taxi for three people. Thanks for your help

Wa

8. Re: Bus from Merzouga to Fez

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:35 am, September 18, 2013

9. Re: Bus from Merzouga to Fez

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 7:46 am, October 28, 2013

Merzouga, Morocco
reviews: 22
10. Re: Bus from Merzouga to Fez

Thanks all. I've responded individually to messages requesting contact info for grand taxi drivers that provide services to/from Merzouga, particularly handy for those who want to book in advance as we have so few drivers available here.

If you're interested in the contact info please send me a private message.

Some taxi prices for regular journeys out of Merzouga:

Merzouga to Rissani – 100dh

Merzouga to Fes – 1300dh

Merzouga to Nkob – 900dh

Merzouga to Ouarzazate – 1200dh

Merzouga to Ait Benhaddou – 1300dh

Merzouga to Marrakech – 2000dh

Reply to: Bus from Merzouga to Fez
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted