We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nervous about driving to Merzouga

Which Merzouga hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new york USA
Nervous about driving to Merzouga

Hi all.

I've read a lot about driving in Morocco, and although it sounds kind of intimidating, I think I can handle it for most of where I'm going. (I do drive in NYC everyday!)

I am kind of worried about driving down to Merzouga from Fes. From what I've read, it gets kind of confusing after Rissani, as there are two roads and one is not paved. I've also read about people offering to lead you through this part (for a fee of course), and there are numerous tales of getting one's car stuck in the sand and having to push it out.

Since I am a female and will be traveling alone, the possibility that I would get stuck in the sand will not make for a funny memory as far as I am concerned.

So, can someone please let me know what this drive is really like?

I have been looking into taking the bus there and having a driver take me back, leaving my rental in Fes, since I'm worried about this drive!

11. Re: Nervous about driving to Merzouga

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:35 pm, April 05, 2013
12. Re: Nervous about driving to Merzouga

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 07, 2014