We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solo visiting Dades George

Which Merzouga hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Guadalajara, Mexico
Level Contributor
16 posts
Solo visiting Dades George

I would like to visit Gorges du Dade this coming April 25th .

From Marraquesh to what town I should book a bus to sleep there and next day visit Gorges du Dade area?

Are there some agencies that offer a tour in a bus or car?

Thank you,

San Francisco
Level Contributor
102 posts
13 reviews
1. Re: Solo visiting Dades George

Hi I'm doing similar trip just a few days before you. I'm taking bus to Ouarzazate and hope to connect with a tour guide or driver for day visit from there.

Marrakech, Morocco
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
55 reviews
2. Re: Solo visiting Dades George

It's certainly possible to take the bus to Ouarzazate as jackiebuf says. Here is an example of the bus schedules (CTM company):

http://billetterie.ctm.ma/resat/get_voyages

I am not aware of any tour companies in Ouarzazate itself but hiring a grand taxi for the day is certainly possible, if an expensive option. Alternatively Juan L you culd join a tour group with one of the many agencies in Marrakech itself. Change from the Merzouga forum that you have posted on to the general Morocco forum and type search words such as tour agencies into the search in box above to discover which agencies offer these trips. Welcome to the Moroccan forums Juan.

Guadalajara, Mexico
Level Contributor
16 posts
3. Re: Solo visiting Dades George

Thank you Pilobolus. What I want to do is to go from Marrakech to some place (Boumanle? Kalaat?) to sleep there and next day visit Gorges du Dade and travel to Merzouga to take a Camel to sleep in the desert. I have tried some tour companies to join a group but I have had no luck. They want to sell me a special trip just for me for almost 400 euros (car, driver, hotels and guide). This is too expensive for me.

In what town i can get off the bus, find a hotel and take another bus to Merzouga next day?

Guadalajara, Mexico
Level Contributor
16 posts
4. Re: Solo visiting Dades George

jackiebuf, if you find some price reasonable way to visit Dades George area please let me know,

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
6,392 posts
41 reviews
5. Re: Solo visiting Dades George

Don't stop overnight in Boumalne du Dades, it's the pits. Instead stay at one of the many nice hotels in the gorge, see morocco-knowledgebase.net/forum/…

Guadalajara, Mexico
Level Contributor
16 posts
6. Re: Solo visiting Dades George

Thank you Tim. If Boumalne is not a good option to pass the night and visit the gorge, which one would be?

San Francisco
Level Contributor
102 posts
13 reviews
7. Re: Solo visiting Dades George

I wouldn't mind exploring the area with a car but I don't know how to drive a manual and the costs of renting an automatic (160 USD +) is more than the costs of a cab. If you can't line up something in Marrakech along the lines of a group, then I think this is the only way.

Have you seen the American ad for the Cadilac ATS? They shot the video and photography in this area. It's catching on in America!

8. Re: Solo visiting Dades George

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, March 13, 2014