We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Morocco Tours,Holiday in Morocco

Which Merzouga hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bombai
Morocco Tours,Holiday in Morocco

My 3 sisters visiting Morocco in summer ,they want to visit some imperial cities ...medina...sahara desert ..riding a camel and spend one or maybe 2 nights in the desert.

As they are traveling to Morocco for the first time , i have looked for a company who offers private tours .

Is it safe to go to the sahara desert in summer or not ?

To visit the sahara desert and imperial cities how many days we need ?

We are thinking to book one of this Morrocan tours: www.Morocco-Excursion.com/index.html ...which itinerary do you reccommend ?

Pls i need your help

Thanx for everyone

21. Re: Morocco Tours,Holiday in Morocco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:41 pm, August 03, 2014
Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
22. Re: Morocco Tours,Holiday in Morocco

Desert animals exist throughout the year, the season makes no difference. Do you not have any dangerous critters in Argentina Herman M? I know for a fact that you do! What is your point here apart from trying to worry people unnecessarily?

Canada
reviews: 63
23. Re: Morocco Tours,Holiday in Morocco

Last July, we planned to go to the desert, but a Moroccan woman traveling with me found the heat very oppressive so we did not travel as far as planned. I personally have been to the desert in summer several times, and no Shimmin not because of any boyfriend. My adult children have duel citizenship (Moroccan /Canadian ) and we have a non-profit organization that takes us into remote and sometimes very hot places. The Moroccan lady was used to the coastal temperatures. Hydration and resting during the heat of the day is advisable.

On another note, I have booked a riad in a northern mountain location. I wired the fee in euros, and paid to wire it as per usual. The European riad owner says that far less than the actual wire was received. Has anyone else experienced this kind of shortfall? Do European banks deduct a fee to receive the money?

Marrakech, Morocco
24. Re: Morocco Tours,Holiday in Morocco

The ability to withstand extremes of temperature is a biological phenomemon and varies from inrdividual to individual. I for example am acclimatised to Marrakech temperatures and find anything under 30 degrees Celsius to be decidedly on the cool side. On my returns to my native Scotland I am the guy wearing sweaters and a thick jacket on a summer's day! My manager, a Moroccan, has just decided to dispense with his winter thermals as the temperature (yesterday reached 38).

On the unrelated topic of wiring money to Morocco it will depend on what agency you used. Money transfer agencies and banks all charge commission and there will be a currency conversion fee too. Why anyone would wish to send money in Euros when the recipient would need to change it into dirhams, thus causing a double loss from conversion rates, is beyond me.

25. Re: Morocco Tours,Holiday in Morocco

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10:33 am, October 29, 2013
Rome, Italy
26. Re: Morocco Tours,Holiday in Morocco

Hello,

We are planing a "Summer Tour in Morocco" ...but i heard that Ramadan is in summer ..but which month ?

27. Re: Morocco Tours,Holiday in Morocco

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10:33 am, October 29, 2013
Marrakech, Morocco
28. Re: Morocco Tours,Holiday in Morocco

For some odd reason (which I yet to fathom) Ramadan has commenced one day later here than in the Middle East (specifically Mecca in Saudi Arabia where the proclamation is first made). Time wise Morocco is only 3 - 4 hours behind Middle Eastern countries. I expect Ramadan to start on the 10th of July. But we will see!

Edited: 5:03 am, May 12, 2013
29. Re: Morocco Tours,Holiday in Morocco

Removed on: 10:34 am, October 29, 2013
Stuart, Florida
reviews: 19
30. Re: Morocco Tours,Holiday in Morocco

It is not hot all day and night in the desert cities. It is always hot from 10 am til 5 pm. The desert trips into the camp go right before sunset and leave early after sunrise. You return to a riad to protect yourself from the heat and sun. It is very possible to come to the desert in Ramadan as well as this is a religious custom that they are very experienced with and it does not alter their work. They are not always able to work everyday in the heat but they change positions within the work force . I am answering you at this very moment from the desert in Hassi labied. It is about 95 degrees f and I sleep outside on the terrace in the night with the breeze and cool aire very comfortably. I am an Tourist from Florida so I am use to the warmer weather.

As far as scorpions, I have never seen one in the four seperate travels I have come here. I am not saying that they are not here, but they are far and few. I suggest closed shoes in the extra hot weather as they are more active.