We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camel trekking in Merzouga, night in Erg Chebbi desert

Which Merzouga hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sabadell, Spain
Camel trekking in Merzouga, night in Erg Chebbi desert

Hello !

I'm traveling to Merzouga in late March, and i'm really interested in riding a camel into the erg chebbi sand dunes for one or 2 nights in nomad tents, after looking on tripadvisor i fnd this link with itinerary for 'Merzouga camel ride and nights in desert: morocco-excursion.com/nights-in-erg-chebbi-d…

But i have a few quetsions:

- Becouse i'm going to spend the night in desert, is a room really needed?

- is hot in March ? how many litres of water we will need ?

- It is possible to sleap outside or it's still cold ? dangerous ?

Thx for ur help !

Burlington, Canada
reviews: 5
11. Re: Camel trekking in Merzouga, night in Erg Chebbi desert

Would love to hear of people's experiences to help us decide whether we should spend one or two nights sleeping in the desert. Thanks

London
12. Re: Camel trekking in Merzouga, night in Erg Chebbi desert

Hello !

If you are traveling from oct - april you can do 2 nights in desert, but from May - Sept. is hott

13. Re: Camel trekking in Merzouga, night in Erg Chebbi desert

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:05 pm, March 16, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
reviews: 65
14. Re: Camel trekking in Merzouga, night in Erg Chebbi desert

If you hire a hotel to arrange your camel trek so even if you will not stay at hotel at all so they can take care of your luggage and even the car if you have one.

And I recommend to stay in the sand dunes two nights.

I heard some traveler to say that it is only waste of the money if you stay only one night in the sand dunes. You go long, it take long time to arrive so you would take the opportunity to take advantage of the opportunity as much as possible.

15. Re: Camel trekking in Merzouga, night in Erg Chebbi desert

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, March 18, 2014