We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marrakech desert trip & Camel trekking merzouga

Which Merzouga hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Berlin, Germany
Marrakech desert trip & Camel trekking merzouga

Hi !!

I'm traveling to desert Morocco for the new years eve, my first trip to Morocco are started from Marrakech to Merzouga's desert sahara, already booked a desert trip included camel ride and night in desert with " Mouhoutours " a Moroccan Company ,

Also i'm interesting to visit the rif and the big sahara ( laayoun..dakhla..) but my trip is short, so who is the better ? the rif or the sahara ??

28 replies to this topic
Athens, Greece
reviews: 19
1. Re: Marrakech desert trip & Camel trekking merzouga

You do not mention the length of your stay, Morocco is a huge country.

A trip to the south, Laahyoune, Dakhla etc takes many hours of driving through hammada (desert dry area), and what interest you might have there ?

Perhaps other more knowledgable will contribute further info to yr question.

New Orleans...
2. Re: Marrakech desert trip & Camel trekking merzouga

I advise you to check recent news about Dakhka and the Western-Sahara generally, before deciding on an itinerary.

John bertol

3. Re: Marrakech desert trip & Camel trekking merzouga

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:56 am, February 09, 2012

Hitchin, United...
reviews: 6
4. Re: Marrakech desert trip & Camel trekking merzouga

Merzouga is fine. I ve just been there as a solo woman traveller and had a fantastic time. The western Sahara is South of Morocco and sometimes there is trouble there, so best not travelling alone. If you like some quality time by the beach I recommend Mirleft (South of Agadir and Tiznit). A nice lay back village with 5 beaches nearby. Vheck out Aftas beach with it;s cafes (Non commercial) just lay back with few tourists at this time of the year. Have a great trip

New Orleans...
5. Re: Marrakech desert trip & Camel trekking merzouga

hi

You need to buy the map ! it is approx 2000km to The western Sahara from Erg Chebbi :

6. Re: Marrakech desert trip & Camel trekking merzouga

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

7. Re: Marrakech desert trip & Camel trekking merzouga

New Orleans...
8. Re: Marrakech desert trip & Camel trekking merzouga

at that time of year it's better to visit the south - the rif can be pretty cold damp and miserable - the mountain road can be completely covered in fog.

there's heaps of interesting places in the south to visit - have a look on here for some ideas. save the Rif for sometime between March and October.

London, United...
9. Re: Marrakech desert trip & Camel trekking merzouga

You really need a map and an idea of how long it takes to travel (public transport?) from one place to another.

London, United...
10. Re: Marrakech desert trip & Camel trekking merzouga

If your tour is short you should NOT combine the sand dunes and the Rif Mountains, they are too far apart.

Reply to: Marrakech desert trip & Camel trekking merzouga
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Merzouga