We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lak Iriki photos and video

Which Foum Zguid hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 39
Lak Iriki photos and video

Foum Zguid in southern Morocco is where the Zguid river comes out of a canyon onto the plain (foum means mouth) and north of the canyon it was 5ºC at 8am, 800m south it was 14ºC. Sawtooth mountains on the way, morocco-knowledgebase.net/tim/iriki_sawtooth…

Very close to the Algerian border, hence the the military post (not supposed to take photos which is why it was some way off), morocco-knowledgebase.net/tim/iriki_military…

The temperature climbed to 30ºC as I started on the dry bed of Lak Iriki which is 50 miles long, morocco-knowledgebase.net/tim/iriki_tracks.j…

Too much loose sand, though and I bogged down several times, morocco-knowledgebase.net/tim/iriki_stuck.jpg

I've lightened the bike by removing the panners and roll bag and I'm about to drag the 180kg bike out. Good for weight loss! After the third time I'm getting a bit stressed, not helped by the fact I didn't see anyone for five hours, so a bit lonely.

Video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jq78gfHQr6U

1 reply
1. Re: Lak Iriki photos and video

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 6:49 am, April 26, 2014

Reply to: Lak Iriki photos and video
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Foum Zguid