We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Location of Cascades d'Akchour

Which Chefchaouen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Muiden...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Location of Cascades d'Akchour

I read about de Cascades d'Akchour on tripadvisor, it's mentioned as one of the attractions in Chefchaouen.

Where exactly is it located? I can't find the right information on the internet.

We are planning on driving there by car, on our way to Chefchaouen, coming from Tanger.

What other stops are worth stopping and seeing on our drive to Chefchaouen?

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
6,397 posts
41 reviews
1. Re: Location of Cascades d'Akchour

Coming from Tetouan on the N12 main road, you'll come to a junction with a road to the right signposted Moulay Abdelsallam, there's also a Ziz fuel station close by. Keep going straight on along the N12 and after another 8km take the road to the left signposted Oued Laou.

After 2-3km turn right onto a smaller road, probably signposted Oued Laou. After about 9km turn right and it's about 6km further on.

Muiden...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Location of Cascades d'Akchour

Thank you, Tim!

I marked the spot on a google map, the one I think you point out: http://tinyurl.com/ck956x7

Point B should be Akchour. Am I correct?

How close can we get to the falls and the park with our rental car? Do we need to hike also? And if yes, how far is the hike and is it difficult (in terms of elevation)?

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
6,397 posts
41 reviews
3. Re: Location of Cascades d'Akchour

Oh, well done! Yes, that's the spot. I really ought to get more into Google Maps...

There's parking on the road with guardians who will look after the car (2dh would be about right payment, 5dh absolute maximum). It's not far to walk at all. There will possibly be someone who wants to show you the way but just follow the beaten track. Very popular spot with the locals on hot weekends.

Ignore the bit in my earlier post, "After 2-3km turn right onto a smaller road, probably signposted Oued Laou." I started to write instructions coming from Chefchaouen and forgot to delete that bit.

Edited: 6:43 am, February 15, 2013
4. Re: Location of Cascades d'Akchour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 17, 2014