We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easy to get a taxi from the Jetty to KT airport?

Which Pulau Redang hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Malibu
reviews: 19
Easy to get a taxi from the Jetty to KT airport?

Our family is planning to stay at Laguna Redang. The hotel charges rm36/person for round trip land transportation from/to KT airport/Jetty. I read taxi costs about rm25/trip. Is it pretty easy to get a taxi at the Jetty to KT airport? I assume it should be fairly easy to get a taxi at the airport.

Also, how does the gratitude charges work in KL and Redang Island? How much tips should I give to the taxi driver? Should I give tips after each buffet meal at the Redang hotel?

Kuala Lumpur
reviews: 1
1. Re: Easy to get a taxi from the Jetty to KT airport?

Hi,

You should try to get a taxi from the KT airport taxi counter to the jetty. It is easy and cheaper to get a taxi there unless if it is on Friday about noon as most of the drivers are gone for Friday muslim prayers.

Giving and receiving tips is not our culture. And most of the hotel staff, taxi driver do not expect tips too. But if you are generous enough, why not. But don't be surprise if they might refuse to accept it!

Enjoy your stay in Redang. Try to have a stop over at the nearby island - Perhentian Island as it is less tourist and not so commercialize.

2. Re: Easy to get a taxi from the Jetty to KT airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 11, 2010