We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alternative to Tuna Bay

Which Pulau Perhentian Besar hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Spain
reviews: 1
Alternative to Tuna Bay

Hello!

We are going to Malaysia in August and wish to spend 5 nights in Perhentian Besar. I wanted to stay in Tuna Bay as I have been told it is the best resort on the island but it is already fully booked for the period we want.

Do you know another resort which is also nice, clean and comfortable? I have read the reviews of other the resorts on the forum but all other resorts seem to have mixed reviews.

I need some help to decide where to stay.

Spain
1. Re: Alternative to Tuna Bay

Hello again!

I have been offered by a local company Garden chalets in New Cocohut Resort(seaview also fully booked) or Seaview chalets in Abduls Chalet which seems to be very basic.

Do you think these resorts are ok? Is it maybe a better idea to try to book at Kecil?

I'm starting to consider to go to other island instead of Perhentians due to reservation problems.. what of course would be a shame...

Port Elizabeth...
reviews: 47
2. Re: Alternative to Tuna Bay

Hi

We have booked to go to Tuna Bay Resort in August - the dates that we originally wanted were full so we re-arranged our itinerary to fit the days they had a chalet available for us.

I tried to book by e-mail but had to follow up with a few phone calls as I had no response. After that the necessary booking forms were e-mailed.

Try phoning to find out what dates are available and perhaps you can still get in.

Kuala Lumpur
3. Re: Alternative to Tuna Bay

Hi,or u maybe can choose to go perhentian kecil...same beach also.From my friends there i knew Bubu long beach resort also not bad.Abdul resort is next by tunabay also can consider it.Tunabay in my mind not the best resort,is worst resort for me on staffs attidute so i really wont recommand to u.Anyway Perhentian really is a nice place,u sure can have a fantastic trip~

Spain
4. Re: Alternative to Tuna Bay

Thank you for your answers!

We ahve finally booked at New Cocohut Chalets in Perhentian Besar. Tuna Bay was fully booked for the whole August and July.

I hope we have choosen a good resort, as we are going to be there during 5 nights..... We are not looking for luxury, but for a nice , clean and comfortable place.

Sweden
reviews: 22
5. Re: Alternative to Tuna Bay

Hi moon, we have done exactly the same thing. As Tuna Bay was fully booked I started searching for alternatives. Looked at Coral Resort and Cocohut. It ended up that we will spend 6 nights at Cocohut in July/August. It seems to be a basic but clean and nice place. At least from what Ive found out during my research.

And also..they serve beer in the restaurant. ;)

Spain
6. Re: Alternative to Tuna Bay

Hi Tono,

Great to hear they serve beer at the bar ;)

7. Re: Alternative to Tuna Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 am, September 24, 2009