We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Diving Beginner @ Sipadan

Malaysia
Diving Beginner @ Sipadan

I'd heard that sipadan is more for those advance divers. Is it possible for me to take the PADI open water course in sipadan? or any places nearby. Any contacts of the instrustor?

Kota Kinabalu...
reviews: 12
11. Re: Diving Beginner @ Sipadan

As i said i am NOT asking you to recommend anyone only give an unbiased view !

My comment: If I don't know downbelow so you ask me not to recommend other diving companies? As I said, I'm giving unbiased view overhere and NOT in favour to any companies as long as their service is GOOD & I've experience with them.

Kota Kinabalu...
12. Re: Diving Beginner @ Sipadan

Maybe if you were more specific of your personal experience with your favoured companies it would clarify things as this is what the forum is about ! travellers sharing personal knowledge to help others.

Please do not take offence i have only asked a couple of simple questions.

You have put a lot of effort into your posts over the last 3 months (much more than myself) and i am sure many people are very grateful for your knowledge and help.

Kota Kinabalu...
reviews: 12
13. Re: Diving Beginner @ Sipadan

Maybe next time I'll try downbelow and see how good they are. If they are also good, then the next time I can comment about downbelow. Otherwise I'll only recommend about the companies that I've experienced with.

I know Borneo Divers long time ago before I migrate to KL in 1990. Though I migrate to KL but I always come back to sabah atleast yearly. In 2007 I'm back to my hometown till today. I just had experience with borneo dreams in August 2009.

If you want to recommend downbelow or other companies to OP, just do that and let the OP contact all the companies and make comparison so that he can get a fair decision. It might be downbelow is his choice if it's really good as I've no clue about it which doesn't means it's bad. Also anything that I know might not be the best as there are many other companies out there which I myself can't try each of them. By sharing the knowledge and let the OP to decide himself is the best way which is a real unbiased information.

From my experience also more posts doesn't necessary more experience or knowledgeable as I'm quite new to this TA and just recently active ie last month and I've seen other members with thousands of posts but have given a wrong info. Some DE also advising other members not to follow the touts in the KLIA airport by giving him another touts which is illegal to the taxi law at the KLIA airport. So many posts is not the judgement but sharing the right info about what we know is everything. Just share whatever you know and let the OP make the comparison and make his own decision afterward rather than asking others why not recommend downbelow.

Kota Kinabalu...
14. Re: Diving Beginner @ Sipadan

It would be your choice to try whomever you wish in the future and i am sure you would be welcomed where ever you go.

I have no wish to recommend anyone as that would be bias and as i have said from the start i was only interested in your own personal experience.

Keep up the good work !

Cambridge
reviews: 33
15. Re: Diving Beginner @ Sipadan

Diving around Mabul is fairly benign, it is not a bad place to train. If you are lucky with the permits (e.g. at low season, which might be coming to an end now) then it is perfectly possible to do some of your open water training dives (probably the 2nd day) at Sipadan, along with the little white tip sharks, etc. The currents are a little tricky but nothing to be too worried by. I would not recommend it as a place for an inexperienced qualified diver though, and suggest you might get more value out of a trip there when you are able to dive without being too worried about damaging the coral or running out of air.

16. Re: Diving Beginner @ Sipadan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, August 06, 2010