We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus trips from JB/Larkin to Mersing

Which Pulau Tioman hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
reviews: 1
Bus trips from JB/Larkin to Mersing

Hi everyone. I'm going to Tioman for CNY. Would like to know if there's a chance I can get a bus ticket from Larkin bus terminal in JB to Mersing if I go there really early on Sat, 9 Feb. I've been calling the bus companies at Larkin, some say trips are all booked. I'm hoping that a seat would free up if I wait at the terminal. Got ferry tickets and room already booked. It's the bus trip I'm worried about.

Thanks in advance.

Redang Island
1. Re: Bus trips from JB/Larkin to Mersing

Highly advise you reach at Mersing jetty on early morning CNY ,there many possibility that you wont reach during that CNY..as many people will take holidays.

Take Night Bus and reach early morning...recommended Maju Express or Transnasional.

Singapore, Singapore
2. Re: Bus trips from JB/Larkin to Mersing

Thanks! Expecting a mad rush at Larkin terminal on Sat AM, will brave getting a bus ticket, spend the night at JB.

Singapore, Singapore
3. Re: Bus trips from JB/Larkin to Mersing

Alsaetia, Same here, going to Tioman with wife and son, booked hotel and ferry but didnt get a Bus, hoping for BUS tonight in Larkin otherwise will opt for a taxi. Am open for taxi sharing, let me know.

Singapore, Singapore
4. Re: Bus trips from JB/Larkin to Mersing

Hi Ghanesh. I'm hoping to catch a bus this afternoon, but if that doesn't work out, I'm open to taxi sharing. I called the ferry operators and was told there's just one trip per day, 8am.

Singapore, Singapore
5. Re: Bus trips from JB/Larkin to Mersing

Did you book via tiomanferry.com singapore site and is the ferry an is David? I booked via this service and got struck with 8am ferry, But when I check with my friend here and he said there so many of them and its easy to choose one upon arrival in mersing. Looks like I need not have booked ferry.. hmm no choice now...lets see...

Singapore, Singapore
6. Re: Bus trips from JB/Larkin to Mersing

Yes, same one. I got to talk to a female staff when I rang the number for 'David,' whom I looked for. Other websites say there are other ferries for Tioman, but I will try my best to catch that 8am trip.

7. Re: Bus trips from JB/Larkin to Mersing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, February 10, 2014