We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaches on TIoman - as good as they look?

Which Pulau Tioman hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Surrey, UK
reviews: 1
Beaches on TIoman - as good as they look?

Hi everyone

I am thinking of doing a Singapore and Malaysia trip this coming September and am looking for a beach to relax on for a few days.

Tioman is the most practical option, but I've heard mixed things. We recently went to Thailand, Phi Phi, and stayed on Long Beach which was great as the sand was white, sea was turquiose and there were a good selection of bars and restarants right on the beach, and locals offering trips to surrounding islands, and was quiet at night. Will be find something comaparable on Tioman?

Thanks!

Margaret River
reviews: 6
11. Re: Beaches on TIoman - as good as they look?

I have spent a month or so on Tioman for the last few Australian winters, including most of September last year. The weather was good in September.

I've stayed at a few beaches on the island but much prefer ABC beach.

Freddie

Melbourne, Australia
12. Re: Beaches on TIoman - as good as they look?

Hi!

I'm actually on Tioman as I write this :) Tioman is definitely less developed compared to phi-phi (went there last year) but I love it. We are staying at samudra swiss cottage in a beach side bungalow. It's pretty basic (no air-con but some of the other rooms have it) and is nice and quiet. It's the last accommodation on south tekek beach which is nice but not a white as phi-phi. The southern end of salang also has a nice beach. Not many restaurants or bars though but we have eaten some great seafood here. One huge bonus is that you can fly to tioman direct from singapore or KL for about $75-$100 each way and the flight is only about 1hr (from Singapore).

Melbourne, Australia
13. Re: Beaches on TIoman - as good as they look?

Hi!

I'm actually on Tioman as I write this :) Tioman is definitely less developed compared to phi-phi (went there last year) but I love it. We are staying at samudra swiss cottage in a beach side bungalow. It's pretty basic (no air-con but some of the other rooms have it) and is nice and quiet. It's the last accommodation on south tekek beach which is nice but not a white as phi-phi. The southern end of salang also has a nice beach. Not many restaurants or bars though but we have eaten some great seafood here. One huge bonus is that you can fly to tioman direct from singapore or KL for about $75-$100 each way and the flight is only about 1hr (from Singapore).

Melbourne, Australia
14. Re: Beaches on TIoman - as good as they look?

Hi!

15. Re: Beaches on TIoman - as good as they look?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 pm, October 10, 2012