We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

booking flights to Ile St Marie / Nosy Bohana

Which Nosy Boraha hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Al Ain, Abu Dhabi...
reviews: 2
booking flights to Ile St Marie / Nosy Bohana

Hi

I am looking to book my flight tickets online for a honeymoon on St Marie. I have trouble with booking Antanarivo to St Marie - I cannot locate the airport on St Marie I'm suppose to fly to. I went to Air Madagascar's website - can't see an option there. We want to travel 13 - 20 August from Cape Town, South Africa. Also, all the options made available to me suggests we have to overnight Tana. I'm not se keen on that - would rather get to St Marie the same day. Does anybody know if this is possible?

4 replies to this topic
Al Ain, Abu Dhabi...
reviews: 2
1. Re: booking flights to Ile St Marie / Nosy Bohana

okay sorry folks I found the airports name: Sainte Marie airport (duh!). Would still like to know about this:

...all the options made available to me suggests we have to overnight Tana. I'm not se keen on that - would rather get to St Marie the same day. Does anybody know if this is possible?

Antananarivo...
Destination Expert
for Madagascar
reviews: 34
2. Re: booking flights to Ile St Marie / Nosy Bohana

all depends on your flight arrival time. if you provide me a date/time, I can check.

Ndola, Central...
3. Re: booking flights to Ile St Marie / Nosy Bohana

Is it recommended to travel by road from Antanarivo to Saint Marie?

Antananarivo...
Destination Expert
for Madagascar
reviews: 34
4. Re: booking flights to Ile St Marie / Nosy Bohana

You need to drive from Antananarivo to Soanierana Ivongo via Sainte Marie. Then the next morning from Soanierana Ivongo you take a boat to Sainte Marie.

IMPORTANT: make sure you cross in the morning for safety reasons and tides otherwise it can be dangerous.

There is a company called Cap Sainte Marie which offers the service in addition to shuttle service from Toamasina to Soanierana Ivongo.

Reply to: booking flights to Ile St Marie / Nosy Bohana
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Nosy Boraha