We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 hour vs 4 hour jeep tour

Which Wadi Rum hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey, USA
reviews: 13
2 hour vs 4 hour jeep tour

We (a family with 2 teen age boys) are staying overnight at a Bedouin camp. In the morning, we're planning to take a jeep tour. After, we are driving up to the Marriott Dead Sea Resort - hoping to get there for sunset (18:00).

My questions are:

Is a 4 hour ride more of the same?

What will we see on a 4 hour tour that we won't see on a 2 hour tour?

Is 2 hours enough?

Thanks!

Fontainebleau
Destination Expert
for Petra - Wadi Musa
reviews: 1
1. Re: 2 hour vs 4 hour jeep tour

This identical question was asked a few weeks (months?) ago. I have done a quick look back without finding it.

The answer is that a two hour jeep ride never takes you more than about 10kms from the village, while a four hour tour takes you much further away, perhaps 15/20kms; and incldes the famous Barragh Canyon and the view up to the Burdah Arch. This supposes that your Bedouin camp is in the Protected Area of Wadi Rum and not further away, in Disseh.

The longer that you stay in Wadi Rum the better, you would not regret staying two or three days! The area is huge, but even a four hour trip doesn't get you away from other tourists. It does at least take you away from the "procession" of jeeps doing the quick trip.

New Jersey, USA
reviews: 13
2. Re: 2 hour vs 4 hour jeep tour

Thanks Amariya for your reply. We are staying at Obeid's Bedouin Life Camp. Is this a good starting point for the jeep tour?

Amman, Jordan
3. Re: 2 hour vs 4 hour jeep tour

I think 2 hours is the same , i recommend that for you

Amman, Jordan
4. Re: 2 hour vs 4 hour jeep tour

I have done both and 2 hours is a good amount of time, though depending on your intrest of the Desert.

If you and your teenagers are keen to explore the desert then invest in 4 hours though the Desert is the same Desert of 2 or 4 hours.

Jordan 4 Journeys.

Fontainebleau
Destination Expert
for Petra - Wadi Musa
5. Re: 2 hour vs 4 hour jeep tour

I am sorry, but I am not a supporter of Obeid, whom I know personally.

His camp is right on the edge of the Protected Area, and while this forum has a great many of his supporters (possibly because he always "suggests" that people post here) I have also seen a number of negative posts and have talked to some of the less happy of his clients.

Brazil
reviews: 12
6. Re: 2 hour vs 4 hour jeep tour

Hi,

I really appreciate your comments. We are a couple that intend to stay a week in jordan .Would you indicate a good bedouin camp in Wadi Rumb for one night? ( not Obeid´s camp) Thanks a lot

Aqaba, Jordan
reviews: 7
7. Re: 2 hour vs 4 hour jeep tour

soli,

there are quit a few camps within the protected area,,,,, I suggest you check with the visitors centre at Rum upon arrival,,, or do a net search on Rum.

I do know a few good ones,,,,, but,,, sorry,, it is not for me to indicate them......... on the forum,,, or by PM.

good luck

A99

Fontainebleau
Destination Expert
for Petra - Wadi Musa
8. Re: 2 hour vs 4 hour jeep tour

Yes, I am sorry, but I do not recommend individuals on the forum either. Have a look at an excellent website www.jordanjubilee.com where you will find recommendations for several guides, offering slightly different services.

9. Re: 2 hour vs 4 hour jeep tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 23, 2012