We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

short tour or "shpatzir" around Mizpe Ramon

Which Mitspe Ramon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Long Island City...
reviews: 23
short tour or "shpatzir" around Mizpe Ramon

While some in our family would love an adventurous jeep and hiking tour of the Crater, we have one in our family who is a "chicken" and is prone to motion sickness. So if a 3 hour jeep tour is out of the question for our group, can you suggest if there is a shpatzir (yiddish for a"walk around") we should do? Just meander around the Visitor Center and lead ourselves? I know not to wander and get lost. I have been there before for a full day hike. But that was before there was a Visitor Center, and the whole area was non touristy.

What we will do is star gaze at night with "Astronomy Israel". Oddly enough that excites my kids more than the prospect of jeeping.

thanks

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 141
11. Re: short tour or "shpatzir" around Mizpe Ramon

Ezry K, answering questions is great, but you can't post information about your business or invite people to contact you. That is a self-promoting advertisement, banned by the guidelines. Please do stick around and answer questions -- many guides do -- but you can't promote your own business. If you're good, word of mouth on this forum will do that for you.

Douglas Duckett

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
reviews: 76
12. Re: short tour or "shpatzir" around Mizpe Ramon

Yes, I was interested in the information you posted, Ezry,

I believe you are allowed to have your contact details and a link on your profile to your own site. But you can't post them in the forum.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 141
13. Re: short tour or "shpatzir" around Mizpe Ramon

And specifically ask people to contact him, which I saw as the major issue. Again, I hope Ezry stays around, as having another experienced professional answer questions (without soliciting business) would be a great asset for the forum.

Douglas Duckett

Mitspe Ramon, Israel
14. Re: short tour or "shpatzir" around Mizpe Ramon

hi guys

sorry for the miss-understanding on my behalf.

as i'm new around here and learning the rules

i understood from the forum guide line that you can have a link to you business on you signature (couldn't find a place to place it in profile though). am I right about this?

any way, here are my recommendations for free short hikes and car rides around mitzpe ramon:

1. take the Albert Promenade from the visitors' center to mount camel (har gamal) or further more to the field school. it is an easy walk yet with great amazing view over the crater and it goes parallel to the town so parts of the group can cut off back to the hotel by foot.

2. take a short drive to the crater on road 40. stop at the viewpoint right at the start of the descending road.

3. few hundred meters after the end of descending, turn right to the carpentry, a hill made of crystallized rocks with an easy short path on it.

4. 200 meters on you can stop at a parking lot to your right and have a short walk down the colored sands zone. great for kids.

5. 4 kilometers from the end of descending, to your left, you will find the entrance to the new Ramon Color Trail. it is an easy ride through newly opened restored mining area in the crater with astonishing geology revealed by mining. you can have stops and easy short walks around. teh path is few kilometers long and you can keep further east to the crater.

hope i helped :)

best

ezry

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 18
15. Re: short tour or "shpatzir" around Mizpe Ramon

Ezry--you can not link a business in your signature. You CAN link a personal blog. Here is the link for clarification.

help.tripadvisor.com/articles/200613717

In terms of where to talk about your business--in the narrative in your profile.

Mitspe Ramon, Israel
16. Re: short tour or "shpatzir" around Mizpe Ramon

thanks

i appreciate the clarification!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
17. Re: short tour or "shpatzir" around Mizpe Ramon

Rdglady, I can't get that link to work.

But Ezry has updated his profile. :)

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 18
18. Re: short tour or "shpatzir" around Mizpe Ramon

Ezry--glad it worked for you. Many, many people do check profiles to see what the background of the respondent it. AND for those who can't find the profile with the new format--a. click on the person's name. b. if it says "profile" click that--you are in luck! c. if it doesn't say "profile, click on the 'travel map" and THEN click on profile! ( hey, I just volunteer here, I don't design these things)

Heather--not sure why link didn't work for you. Try again--or it was a couple of clicks via the read community guidelines link near the reply box and then the 5th bullet down is "free of solicitations" --click the hyper link at the end of the sentence!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
19. Re: short tour or "shpatzir" around Mizpe Ramon

Rdglady I discovered that the link doesn't work from the Australian Trip Advisor site. I had to sign into the American Trip Advisor site to see it.

Which means that other countries may not be able to readily access it either.

20. Re: short tour or "shpatzir" around Mizpe Ramon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 pm, March 13, 2015