We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hcm city to vung tau

Which Vung Tau hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
england
hcm city to vung tau

How much will a Taxi be from hcmcity to vung tau and how long would it take

20 replies to this topic
Perth, Australia
11. Re: hcm city to vung tau

If I don't want to spend hour(s) waiting for a bus, why would I want a spend a night in HCMC?

I like taxis and ferries because they get me out of there quick smart.

Do you have a pecuniary interest in Futa Bus lines? Because you seem to push them really hard.

Ho Chi Minh City...
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City
reviews: 86
12. Re: hcm city to vung tau

The reason I as the volunteer Destination Expert for HCMC recommend Futa Bus Lines service to Vung Tau is because its a superior and safe service. If you read my posts on TA I consistantly discourage people from taking long haul buses in Vietnam especially night sleeper buses because of the dangers involved.

But if I was with more than one person and just completed an international flight the option of going straight to VT by private car is an appealing one.

Everywhere else I prefer trains and planes.

I have no financial interest in Futa Bus Lines.

Edited: 7:42 am, August 14, 2014
Ba Ria-Vung Tau...
reviews: 2
13. Re: hcm city to vung tau

thank you DP ....i have no financial interest in Futa bus lines Ross m... if you had bothered to peruse the forums you would have seen my suggestion of Jetstar who run a service to VT which departs the airport to VT if you wish to take a taxi your choice ..The Futa bus lines have a waiting area before boarding so you can rest up .. upon arriving VT they have a Mini bus to take you to your hotel no xtra charge .

14. Re: hcm city to vung tau

Hello, I'm living in HCM and in Vungtau. We always change the places with the bus career Thien Phu. There is an office found in district 1. I dont know what the addres is but I can ask my aunt later. Check this site out for tickets.

vexere.com/vi-VN/ve-xe-khach-thien-phu-tu-sa…

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 12
15. Re: hcm city to vung tau

I am getting a bus from HCMC District 1 tomorrow, on a very new bus (I did a reccy yesterday before buying a ticket, looks very good quality service) operated by FUTA Buslines (Phuong Trang) and the bus leave across the road from their ticket office at 205 Phạm Ngũ Lão, phường Phạm Ngũ Lão, Hồ Chí Minh, Vietnam, and this is about 100m from Ben Thanh Markets. The ticket price was 115,000 VND which is extremely cheap and the trip is two hours, and they run a bus every hour. Not sure how far you need to book if you even do, that I can't help you with sorry. Worst case scenario, get a cab to their office (~200,000 VND) and ask, if booked out for the rest of your day, stay a night and go the next day, or go by cab. But it will be costly.

I too was going by hydrofoil but they are not operating currently and haven't Ben since a fire in December/January. There is talk of restarting but they haven't been deemed safe to resume as yet due to their age.

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 12
16. Re: hcm city to vung tau

Ross m, Just with regards to my comments, I also have no interest in the bus company, advice is given genuinely by a fellow traveller who has been in VN a total of 5 days for the first time. FUTA do have a waiting room with about 25 chairs at their office where you could rest waiting for the bus, it's air conditioned and clean. And as for the buses, they are western level quality and probably 25 seats, a sort of smaller sized coach, bigger than your standard coaster bus, with proper coach seats with clean coverings. I was impressed when I had a look. Just something else you should know, the busses are all new because the Govt required this service to be upgraded when the boats were withdrawn. I am pretty sure they are govt owned (or half owned).

If you can deal with the wait at the office I would recommend it. But if you just want out of there, do the cab thing. Just make sure you go with a reputable company, negotiate a price if you can beforehand, as there are some dodgy operators.

Edited: 5:51 am, August 16, 2014
Ba Ria-Vung Tau...
17. Re: hcm city to vung tau

Thank you Barney-AU Ross take note cheers go the wallybees

Edited: 5:59 am, August 16, 2014
Adelaide, Australia
reviews: 1
18. Re: hcm city to vung tau

Hi everyone, I've been reading this and other threads for some time now hoping the hydrofoils will start again soon. Just read this, thanhniennews.com/travel/vietnam-lifts-ban-o… Just wanted to share it with you.

Regards to all,

Ron

Ba Ria-Vung Tau...
19. Re: hcm city to vung tau

old news re hydrofoil re sailing again ;;;one day dont what day but maybe ...will be hard to recover passengers my opinion only

Vietnam
20. Re: hcm city to vung tau

I am getting a bus from HCMC District 1 tomorrow, on a very new bus (I did a reccy yesterday before buying a ticket, looks very good quality service) operated by FUTA Buslines (Phuong Trang) and the bus leave across the road from their ticket office at 205 Phạm Ngũ Lão, phường Phạm Ngũ Lão, Hồ Chí Minh, Vietnam, and this is about 100m from Ben Thanh Markets. The ticket price was 115,000 VND which is extremely cheap and the trip is two hours, and they run a bus every hour. Not sure how far you need to book if you even do, that I can't help you with sorry. Worst case scenario, get a cab to their office (~200,000 VND) and ask, if booked out for the rest of your day, stay a night and go the next day, or go by cab. But it will be costly.

I too was going by hydrofoil but they are not operating currently and haven't Ben since a fire in December/January. There is talk of restarting but they haven't been deemed safe to resume as yet due to their age. phuongtrang.vn/trangchu.aspx

Reply to: hcm city to vung tau
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Vung Tau