We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Long Hai beach day trip from HCMC

Which Vung Tau hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
reviews: 60
Long Hai beach day trip from HCMC

If you cannot spend the night, Long Hai beach out of Vung Tau is not a great day trip. It's a 30 minute scooter ride from Vung Tau. There is what looks like a nice beach, with virtually no tourists, a local hang out. This seemed great until I walked on the beach. Absolutely trashed, filthy with garbage. Not a nice place to hang out. The resorts are apparently OK. Staying in Vung Tau might be a better option if you only have a day to spend. Also, there are no taxi's available once you get there to return to Vung Tau, you have to persuade a vendor to use their cell phone to call for you.

Sacramento USA
reviews: 4
1. Re: Long Hai beach day trip from HCMC

I just been in Vung Tau Couple of Months ago stays in 3 locations; In Vung Tau City, I found it very interesting to see the Vietnamese Culture and traditions, you will enjoy the scenery the historic location and specially the local food specially the Seafoods (snails and Fish) rice dishes... yummy.. a great experience in deed. Meanwhile, looking for a nice beach destination, Vung Tau City is Not the place to go! even Long Hai were the AnOasis Resort and Long Hai resort were I found Not very interesting with its ample beach full of local tourist near to the public locality residence, The Tropicana Resort was a bit better, But the Garbage and litter around is unbelievable.. feels like in a bay surrounded by floating artificial flowers (plastic bags and cans) I try move little further to the south east side for about 45 minutes all the way to Hotram area, there I stayed at the HoTram Resort, it a Lovely quiet place of beautiful natural landscape, beach is so clean, white sand beach with it long strip to 15 kilometers each sides, natural scenery of the fisherman get their first catch in the morning using the traditional rounded bamboo boat. It was 2hours and 30 minutes drive all the way to Saigon and it is truly Good day out experience.. The resort is a Family Friendly were the kids will enjoy with the facilities, the food was good too. If you are looking for a quiet gate away with a natural environment, I highly recommend this place, guarantee a value for your time and money.. try as I enjoy it myself.

San Francisco...
reviews: 60
2. Re: Long Hai beach day trip from HCMC

Thanks for the tip. I will try to get there next week when I am back in HCMC.

Keep me posted with new information if you come across any.

3. Re: Long Hai beach day trip from HCMC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:04 am, July 15, 2010
4. Re: Long Hai beach day trip from HCMC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 09, 2011