We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it worth going to Can Tho at the end of September?

Which Can Tho hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Idaho
reviews: 6
Is it worth going to Can Tho at the end of September?

I will be in Vietnam for 15 days in the fall of '09. I was thinking about two nights in the Can Tho area at the end of September, but from what I understand that will be the height of the rainy season, i.e. lousy weather. Am I crazy to be thinking about heading south at the end of Sept or should I skip the Mekong Delta and just immediately head north up the coast toward central Vietnam, then Hanoi?

Many thanks.

HCMC
1. Re: Is it worth going to Can Tho at the end of September?

Good morning from Cai Be

I am at Ba Duc homestay now to reply your post

I think September is OK. The rains do not affect your Mekong 2 days tour a lot. I organise all year around for my guests to visit Can Tho

But the best time to visit is Jan . Because there is no more rain, It was crazy last December 2008. Can you imagine it was still rainning on Dec 31 2009

The rainny season is from June to Nov

Best regards

Jason SSS

PS : While you are in Can Tho, you should try dinner at Hop Pho local restaurant and go to Phu Sa island for crocodile fishing and playing with money at large

You can go back Saigon by Thanh Nhan express boat leaving Can Tho at 01:00 PM, arriving Saigon at 04:30 PM. Kim Tho hotel is a great choice for you. Room 808 is great : riverfront,higher floor. It cost only 45 USD last year. This year I think it is also 45 USD ( superior room )

HCMC
2. Re: Is it worth going to Can Tho at the end of September?

Good morning from Cai Be

I am at Ba Duc homestay now to reply your post

I think September is OK. The rains do not affect your Mekong 2 days tour a lot. I organise all year around for my guests to visit Can Tho

But the best time to visit is Jan . Because there is no more rain, It was crazy last December 2008. Can you imagine it was still rainning on Dec 31 2008

The rainny season is from June to Nov

Best regards

Jason SSS

PS : While you are in Can Tho, you should try dinner at Hop Pho local restaurant and go to Phu Sa island for crocodile fishing and playing with money at large

You can go back Saigon by Thanh Nhan express boat leaving Can Tho at 01:00 PM, arriving Saigon at 04:30 PM. Kim Tho hotel is a great choice for you. Room 808 is great : riverfront,higher floor. It cost only 45 USD last year. This year I think it is also 45 USD ( superior room )

Australia
reviews: 42
3. Re: Is it worth going to Can Tho at the end of September?

Hi ChukarWiff,

I think you can be luck or unlucky anywhere in the world as far as weather goes.

We were in Can Tho in early October 2008 (before heading north up to Hoi An and Hanoi) and Can Tho was the only place where it didn't rain.

Hoi An had the worst floods for sometime in mid October and Ha Noi was wet every day and when we left for Bangkok at the end of October all flights were delayed or canceled due to rain.

Can Tho is well worth a visit.

melbourne
reviews: 15
4. Re: Is it worth going to Can Tho at the end of September?

my family travelled in Vietnam (North to south) in late Sept/ealry Oct and only had one day of rain in 3.5 weeks (apart from rain each afternoon in saigon but only for an hour) Not sure if we were just lucky ----

5. Re: Is it worth going to Can Tho at the end of September?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 pm, October 13, 2009