We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay Ko Lipe

Which Satun hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kazlba
reviews: 9
Where to stay Ko Lipe

Hi,

Can anyone recommend the best places to stay on Ko Lipe? We'd like somewhere costing anywhere between 1000b - 3500b per night for a double room, nice beach, clean accommodation. Any tips would be really helpful.

Cheers.

Melbourne
reviews: 15
1. Re: Where to stay Ko Lipe

No first hand experience with this place called Koh Lipe Castaway but pass by. It seems to be one of the nicest place in Lipe and was quite new back in Feb'08 when we were there.

2. Re: Where to stay Ko Lipe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:02 pm, March 17, 2009
Kent
reviews: 1
3. Re: Where to stay Ko Lipe

I also stayed at Bundhaya in November

www.bundhayaresort.com/eng/room&rate.html

Nice place but I wouldnt spend more than a couple of days on Lipe if it was me, at first glance the pure white sand looks stunning but get further down the beach and there is a lot of mess like glass bottles in the sand.

The road running through the middle of the island is great and has lots of good restaurants on it.

From speaking to the locals on the island the big resorts are just chasing the big money and the island environment is going to pot. From what I gathered the Thai government do not help in the rubbish disposal as they are not really meant to be building on the island as it is a marine park, so this leads to a big rubbish pile up. I dread to think what it will be like in a couple of years.

4. Re: Where to stay Ko Lipe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, October 17, 2009