We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Khao Lak for 2 year old and infant

Which Phang Nga hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Asia/Pacific
reviews: 1
Khao Lak for 2 year old and infant

Thanks to all the posters, esp TedK and Arandora for all the posts I've been reading...

We'll be at Bhaan Khaolak resort for 8 days (2/13-21) w/ our 2 year old and 4 month old. Inquirig about activities for the 2 year old he might enjoy. I know about Asia Safari & Elephant Village from prior Arandora post....queries:

1. Is that week (Chinese New Year) considered "peak" season?

2. will we need to book activities in advance or can we wait to check things out upon arrival?

3. Any other suggestions/must-do's?

4. are the tours from Khao Lak Land Discovery too much for a 2 year-old? I'm considering

Phang-Nga Bay Discovery

1/2 day tour (elephant, rainbow waterfall, etc.)

5. Suggestions for baby-sitting services? I'd imagine the hotel might have someone, but does anyone know a reliable person we might "hire" for most of a week, and if so what cost might be appropriate?

6. Any other thoughts also appreciated.

thanks so much!!

Peter

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
reviews: 77
1. Re: Khao Lak for 2 year old and infant

Hi Peter,

I would check your activities out when you arrive, particularly with the kiddies in mind. I think Khao Lak Land Discovery in particular would advise what would or would not be suitable for a 2 year old.

Similarly I'm sure someone at the BKL will advise of child minding services locally. Not something that exercised the mind of a "wrinkly" like me these days! LOL

I don't think Chinese New Year will be that much more busy.

Asia/Pacific
reviews: 1
2. Re: Khao Lak for 2 year old and infant

Thanks Arandora, much appreciated.

Best,

Peter

3. Re: Khao Lak for 2 year old and infant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 pm, August 26, 2009