We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aleenta Resort at Phangnga-any info?

Which Phang Nga hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco
reviews: 3
Aleenta Resort at Phangnga-any info?

Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone has some information about this hotel. I'm booked at the LeMeridian Khao Lak next month, but have read a number of reviews about the substandard service. I am thinking of modifying our accomodations. I cant quite figure out where the Aleenta is in relation to the LeMeridian. Has anyone stayed there, and if so, how is it (I'm looking at the Ocean View Lofts). I know its brand new so the property should be nice. How is the service, food facilties?

Also is it far from a town where we can have some meals, walk around, etc. Any information is much appreciated. Thanks.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
reviews: 77
1. Re: Aleenta Resort at Phangnga-any info?

With respect, I don't think you are comparing like with like with these two resorts. The Le Meridien is a LARGE established resort, albeit experiencing what is hoped (since we're returning there in March) temporary, like many other resorts in this rapidly post Tsunami recovering area, staff recruitment and training problems. It is on beautiful, secluded beach about 20 minutes North of Khao Lak with an immediate beach restaurant and several others not far away.

The Aleenta is a brand new SMALL more expensive boutique resort, again on a very secluded, some would say remote, but beautiful beach with less restaurants in the immediate vicinity and Khao Lak a bit further away.

It's probably no great surprise that Le Meridien (and others in Khao Lak) are experiencing criticism about levels of service currently. I think the resurgence, Thank God, of interest and, hence, bookings in this area has resulted in a higher level of bookings in the High Season than local hoteliers dared hope for.. Expectations, therefore, of a high quality of service to meet the high quality of accommodation appears to be the recurring theme in some of the recent reviews.

It's certainly not put us off or made us reconsider our booking in any way.

Perth, Australia
reviews: 15
2. Re: Aleenta Resort at Phangnga-any info?

We have just returned from a weeks stay at the Le Meridien and found the service and the facilities very good. The staff were very helpful and friendly. Some staff did not have a very good English but saying that there were others who were fluent and able to sort out requests etc . Any problems that we had were sorted out promptly. We had most of our meals at the hotel's restaurants and all of these were very good. The Thai buffet at the Lillwade Cafe was excellent as was the food at the Baan Thai restaurant. Breakfasts were also excellent with a huge selection of food - made to order eggs, fresh fruits , delicious pastries etc (needless to say I have put on several kilos in a week!) The only negative from our point of view was the distance from Khao Lak as we were with our two daughters so a return trip cost 800 baht for the four of us and the hotel's courtesy bus only starts at 6pm but not a big deal really. We found the venue and facilities very good and would recommend the hotel if you want to relax and veg out. I loved the massages on the beach, cocktails at the beach bar and afternoon sails on the hobby cats and have come back feeling like I have had a holiday.

Phuket
3. Re: Aleenta Resort at Phangnga-any info?

As the NaTai Beach area where the Aleenta is located is only recently becoming developed, it is hard to find information about it.

Try these two pages for info about the area in general - and the beach area:

http://phuketnorth.com/Natai.htm

http://phuketnorth.com/NaTai_Beach.htm

Aleenta is quite a special resort - how to compare it with the LeMeridien I am not sure.

4. Re: Aleenta Resort at Phangnga-any info?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 pm, August 26, 2009