We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where similar to Pai?

Which Pai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hanoi, Vietnam
reviews: 51
Where similar to Pai?

I understand and respect that everybody's experiences are individual but I am after a hidden gem in the North of Thailand to spend a 2-3 nights. I plan to kick start my SE Asia tour with 2 nights in BKK then 2 nights Chiang Mai and 2 night trek. I have a friend who is only in Thailand for a week and I want her to experience ...."something else".

When I went to Thailand before I went from Chiang Mai to Pai for 3 nights and it was ace. I appreciate it was quite tourist-bitten but I was vaguely fortunate to experience it in August when slightly more ghostly (but with hidden beauts of bars when you make friends with the local barmaids).

Where else is like this? Or where else is "different"? Where else could be classed as a backpackers hideout?

whitchurch...
reviews: 6
1. Re: Where similar to Pai?

As I thought love it or hate it,(the vast majority love) there is nowhere like Pai in Thailand.

2. Re: Where similar to Pai?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, January 24, 2014