We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private Ferry from Koh Samui to Koh Tao

Which Ko Tao hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Daegu, South Korea
Private Ferry from Koh Samui to Koh Tao

Hello,

I need some information about companies/private ferry's to get from Koh Samui to Koh Tao. My flight was changed and I now arrive on Samui at 5 in the evening. This means that I can no longer make the normal ferries to Koh Tao. However, I would like to avoid spending the night on Samui and find a way there that same night. I know that anything private will be more expensive and so I am wondering if anyone knows anything affordable, or at least not completely outrageous.

Any help, as fast as possible, would be greatly appreciated as my flight gets in this Sunday evening.

Thanks much!

6 replies to this topic
Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Phangan, Ko Samui, Thailand
reviews: 42
1. Re: Private Ferry from Koh Samui to Koh Tao

Forget it, there's no such thing as a budget speedboat that goes to Koh Tao from Samui, especially at that time of night. You will be looking at anything from 25,000 to 35,000B, that's a lot of money and would see you staying in a very nice hotel on Samui for the night with plenty of change left over and is probably more than your airfare that you paid to get to Thailand.

www.samuispeedboat.com/boattransfers.html

better to stay on Samui the night and get a Lomprayah Ferry from Maenam at 8am in the morning.

Edited: 9:28 pm, March 27, 2014
Daegu, South Korea
2. Re: Private Ferry from Koh Samui to Koh Tao

Ok, Under most circumstances I would be ok with staying the night and going the next day. However the reason i'm in a bit of a rush is i'm meeting up for a family vacation and don't have that many days to begin with. I have also already booked my place in Koh Tao, so if I stayed in Samui I would have to pay for an extra place.

Would something around 25,000 - 35,000 be for the whole boat or per person? I looked at the website but could not tell.

Thanks much for your help.

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Phangan, Ko Samui, Thailand
reviews: 42
3. Re: Private Ferry from Koh Samui to Koh Tao

It's for the whole boat, but you may find that they don't want to go out that late at night to KT. Do you really want to pay around US $1000 for a boat ride, seriously that seems crazy to me. It would be cheaper to change your flight!

Sunderland
Destination Expert
for Ko Tao
reviews: 44
4. Re: Private Ferry from Koh Samui to Koh Tao

Hi

I agree with Cassnu. You need to look at changing your flight, it will be much more cost effective.

Safe and happy travels

Edited: 6:05 am, March 28, 2014
5. Re: Private Ferry from Koh Samui to Koh Tao

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:55 am, May 13, 2014

reviews: 1
6. Re: Private Ferry from Koh Samui to Koh Tao

It's not the privacy it's the the gas mate! That's why it's so darn expensive getting here privately and why hardly any one are doing it...

Reply to: Private Ferry from Koh Samui to Koh Tao
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted