We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Years Eve 2014 in Koh Tao, Thailand

Which Ko Tao hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
reviews: 1
New Years Eve 2014 in Koh Tao, Thailand

Does anyone know what Koh Tao is like for New Years eve?

My boyfriend and I are coming to Thailand for New years eve and are tossing up whether to stay in Koh samui or Koh tao. We are both late 20's and dont want anything really crazy but we still love to party and want some decent nightlife. music and crowd.

Can anyone help?

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Phangan, Ko Samui, Thailand
reviews: 42
1. Re: New Years Eve 2014 in Koh Tao, Thailand

Both will offer you what you are looking for. Apparently there are fireworks on the Sairee Beach and other happenings. Both Samui and Tao will be really busy - take your pick.

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 1
2. Re: New Years Eve 2014 in Koh Tao, Thailand

Ok thanks for the info

London, England...
reviews: 4
3. Re: New Years Eve 2014 in Koh Tao, Thailand

I was on Koh Tao 2 years ago for Christmas and new year. It certainly is not busy, thats why I am going back this year. Sairee had more than usual crowd but that was about it.

Seoul, Seoul, South...
4. Re: New Years Eve 2014 in Koh Tao, Thailand

Koh Tao is an amazing place to spend New Years! Koh Samui is just an island covered in bars, and I personally much prefer the scene on Koh Tao. It is where many people go to get their "Open Water" certification for diving and also where I got mine, if that is an interest to you.

I was there for 2006-07 new years and it was one of the best memories of my life. It's a paradise and not over-traveled like the other islands, meaning it is still very safe and a very chill place to be, not overcrowded but with just the right amount of people. My girlfriend, another friend and myself will be there this year again. seeing this page inspired me to make a facebook page for 2014 new years. Like it, and maybe we can get a group together to spend the evening.

https:/…577765838957487

See everybody there!

Ko Tao, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Ko Tao
5. Re: New Years Eve 2014 in Koh Tao, Thailand

You'll find Sairee Beach has some great parties on it. The island is busy but's a friendly vibe and nothing like the chaos of the Full Moon Party or girly bars of Samui.

Best New Year option in my opinion :-)

6. Re: New Years Eve 2014 in Koh Tao, Thailand

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, November 10, 2014