We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help to find the perfect bungalow!

Which Ko Tao hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fjerdingby
Need help to find the perfect bungalow!

Hi!

We'll be travelling to Koh Tao with our kids (boys, 5 and 7) in february and can't seem to find the perfect place... We've been reading every reviews on every hotel, but are still lost... All the "right" places seems to have a crazy lady or dirty underwear in them... Can you guys help us??

What we want is a nice bungalow on the beach. It doesn't have to be luxurious, but should have hot shower and 24h electricity. Perhaps not directly on Sairee beach, as the kids goes to bed rather early... We can stretch our budget to 150USD.

Thanks a lot for some highly appriciated advice!

Port Elizabeth...
reviews: 47
1. Re: Need help to find the perfect bungalow!

Have a look at Sensi Paradise, which has 2 pools and is situated on the beach. We stayed there about 2 years ago and were really happy with the bungalows. There were a lot of families with children using the pools.

We walked to nearby restaurants at night plus to Sairee Beach in the day.

Hope ths helps.

Sunderland
Destination Expert
for Ko Tao
reviews: 44
2. Re: Need help to find the perfect bungalow!

Hi

I agree with smurf59 with children I'd suggest staying away from Sairee all together, and Sensi Paradise is a great place and has an easy 7 minute walk to restaurants and shops.

Fjerdingby
3. Re: Need help to find the perfect bungalow!

Thanks so much for the advice! We'll be stretching our budget pretty much all the way if we go for a family bungalow on the beach (200USD), but it's probably worth it...

We had a great time as backpackers at Chalok baan kao 10 years ago, but can't seem to find a place like Sensi there...

Thanks again!

Fjerdingby
4. Re: Need help to find the perfect bungalow!

Thanks so much for the advice! We'll be stretching our budget pretty much all the way if we go for a family bungalow on the beach (200USD), but it's probably worth it...

We had a great time as backpackers at Chalok baan kao 10 years ago, but can't seem to find a place like Sensi there...

Thanks again!

Edited: 11:41 am, August 31, 2013
Sunderland
Destination Expert
for Ko Tao
5. Re: Need help to find the perfect bungalow!

If Chalok is an option then Ko Tao Resort is a decent option. Family friendly too, as well as beachfront rooms. Should also be within budget.

Fjerdingby
6. Re: Need help to find the perfect bungalow!

I've read all the reviews for Ko Tao Resort, and I must says i'm a bit worried that we'll actually run in to a crazy person;) Sensi seems to have better reviews!

Sunderland
Destination Expert
for Ko Tao
7. Re: Need help to find the perfect bungalow!

Excuse me? I've stayed at both and based on their star ratings and price found them both to be as you would expect. Comparing the 2 is unrealistic as they're very different in many ways. I was simply suggesting another resort that wasn't as highly priced, as per your response about the price per night at Sensi, and that was in an area you mentioned. I didn't say Ko Tao Resort was better I said it was a decent option.

Fjerdingby
8. Re: Need help to find the perfect bungalow!

I'm really sorry if i offended you in some way, that was not my intention. I was just trying to say that after reading severel of the reviews, Sensi sounds like a better option for our family. If you read my initial post, i was talking about crazy ladies, and some reviews actually mentions rude and aggressive staff at Ko Tao Resort. They have, at best, mixed reviews...

As i said, no harm intended!

Thanks again for the suggestions!

9. Re: Need help to find the perfect bungalow!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:38 am, September 03, 2014