We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkeling from Ban Krut

Which Ko Tao hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Yorkshire Dales...
reviews: 2
Snorkeling from Ban Krut

I am staying with my family for 7 days in Ban Krut, from August 21st, Iam keen to arrange some snorkeling, looking at Koh Tao and Koh Talu, Can anyone advise me if the snorkeling is good in Koh Talu, which is easier to get to or is it worth making the longer journey to Koh Toa?

Also thinking about staying 1 night, if anyone can recommend accomadation on the beach, good for children?

Thanks Sarah

Cuneo, Italy
Destination Expert
for Ko Tao
reviews: 40
1. Re: Snorkeling from Ban Krut

Hi Sarah, welcome on TA forum!

Koh Tao is definitely too far for a day trip, from Ban Krut 2 hours drive to reach Chumpon pier then ferry about 1 30 hours. You should stay minimum 1 night, 2 is better.

The first day you can explore the best beaches, the second day you can do an organized snorkeling trip around the island, 4 or 5 stop including Koh Nang Yuan, they provides lunch and snorkeling equipment.

There are plenty of choice of accomodation on the beach, it depends on your budget.

Yorkshire Dales...
reviews: 2
2. Re: Snorkeling from Ban Krut

Thanks for your advice,sounds like lots of options for snorkelling. We will definately look at booking stay over. Our budget is up to $150-$200 for 2 adults & 2 children, we often end up booking 2 rooms.

Is it better to book snorkelling package from Ban Krut when we get there?

Sarah

Cuneo, Italy
Destination Expert
for Ko Tao
reviews: 40
3. Re: Snorkeling from Ban Krut

You can take a taxi to the Chumpon Pier then a boat, I think you don't need a package, It's pretty easy to do this trip by yourself.

With your budget I suggest you Sairee Hut, Palm Leaf or Sairee Cottage in Sairee Beach, 10 minutes to the pier. All are directly on the Beach at walking distance to restaurants, shops and bar.

Enjoy

4. Re: Snorkeling from Ban Krut

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 09, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Ko Tao