We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions on Travel from Bangkok to Koh Tao via Koh Samui

Which Ko Tao hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ruzi15
reviews: 38
Questions on Travel from Bangkok to Koh Tao via Koh Samui

My wife and I will be traveling from Bangkok to Koh Tao in January and we're trying to figure out the best way to get to KT. Cost isn't really an issue, so we're looking for the quickest and easiest means of travel, which seems to be by flying from Bangkok to Koh Samui and then taking a ferry to KT.

According to this link - www.lomprayah.com/E/booking_buffet_1.aspx - we noticed there are 2 piers in Koh Samui: Nathon & Maenam

Nathon: 1 daily departure: 11:15am - arrive 2:15pm

Maenam: 8am departure, arriving 9:45am and another departing 12:30pm, arriving 2:15pm.

Do these ferries leave on time? Do they ever leave early? How far are the Nathon and Maenam piers from Koh Samui airport, and how does one get from the airport to the piers? If the ferries leave at the above times, what time should our flight arrive in Koh Samui to make sure we make the ferry? Finally, can anyone recommend one ferry over the other?

We've also heard about the Nok Air flight + ferry combo, but it seems that's a little more convoluted. Would anyone recommend booking that instead of the usual Bangkok Air or Thai Airlines flights that go from Bangkok to Ko Samui?

Thanks very much!

Sunderland
Destination Expert
for Ko Tao
reviews: 44
1. Re: Questions on Travel from Bangkok to Koh Tao via Koh Samui

Hi

Welcome to the Koh Tao forum.

In regards to the Nok air flight & ferry combo vs the direct flights to Koh Samui it's a choice between time/cost and personnel availability. It's a little more long winded but can save quite a lot of money.

If you fly to Koh Samui, Lomprayah have a booking desk at the airport and they provide transport to the pier and the ferries are more likely to be late waiting for aircraft than leave early.

Just to add there is also a 5pm ferry from Maenam to Koh Tao that is not on the Lomprayah website.

I often travel to Koh Tao by overnight train and fly back, but I have done the reverse and depending on what I was doing prior I'd fly with Bangkok Airways on their 09.45 (?) flight for the 12.30 ferry.

Surat, Surat Thani...
2. Re: Questions on Travel from Bangkok to Koh Tao via Koh Samui

Great experience to travel to Chompohn by train and go to Kohtao by Lompraya they have a booking desk at the Train station. And you can fly back at Samui airport.

In Kohtao you can buy ticket for airplan train boat and ect. Such as.

1. Lotus Information center 077 - 456 844

2. Motain view ticket center 077 - 456 297

ํYou can see time by following link.

…blogspot.com/p/blog-page_4.html

Have a good time.

3. Re: Questions on Travel from Bangkok to Koh Tao via Koh Samui

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, June 18, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Ko Tao